Michelin Pilot Super Sports vs Stock Goodyears

nhs156

Established Member
I realize the Goodyears have issues - most noticeably the cracking issue when driven cold. That aside I'm curious as to how, the Michelins compare. The Goodyears aren't confidence inspiring in the dry - even when warm. But I'm not sure whether that's the tire or the monster torque from the Shelby. Would I feel a significant difference in terms of grip if I upgraded to the PSS?

BOD89LX

Established Member
I realize the Goodyears have issues - most noticeably the cracking issue when driven cold. That aside I'm curious as to how, the Michelins compare. The Goodyears aren't confidence inspiring in the dry - even when warm. But I'm not sure whether that's the tire or the monster torque from the Shelby. Would I feel a significant difference in terms of grip if I upgraded to the PSS?

Yes you will I made the switch and I am very happy with the improvement .

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member

I havn't changed from my stock tires yet but I autocrossed on them and was very pleased with how well they stuck. I think Van had good results form them when roadracing on them as well.

lvxlr8n

Established Member
Will they pick up less rocks than the GY? When driving slower it sounds like I should have no paint left.

snakecharmer

Established Member

There is no car on the planet that isn't improved by trashing the Shityears and replacing with Michelins. Goodyears are THE worst tire bar none. The Michelins will ride better last longer and have much better traction. Worth every penny IMO.

COBRA32

Established Member
Michelins all the way big improvement in ride, drive and putting the power down. The car feels faster and has to be faster since it spends less time spinning the wheels it just takes off. The traction control works the way its was designed to work now. Foot down and it just takes off love them. :burnout:

nhs156

Established Member
Michelins all the way big improvement in ride, drive and putting the power down. The car feels faster and has to be faster since it spends less time spinning the wheels it just takes off. The traction control works the way its was designed to work now. Foot down and it just takes off love them. :burnout:

How many miles do you have on them? I found that new PS2s were spectacular on my M5 when new, but after a couple of thousand miles the car would wheel spin / lose traction much more frequently.

Fordfourlife

Established Member
I am running 285 PSS in the rear,it will still spin in 1st but I have not had the tires break loose in any of the other gears with them.

sftdyna

Established Member
there is no car on the planet that isn't improved by trashing the shityears and replacing with michelins. Goodyears are the worst tire bar none. The michelins will ride better last longer and have much better traction. Worth every penny imo.
+100000000000000

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I'm considering the move myself, and maybe some new rims. But are there any downsides to the Michelins? Is there anything that the Goodyears are better for? If I get the rims I'll certainly go with the Michelins but I'm a noob with the car and I'm not really hammering it. more pulls than digs.

lvxlr8n

Established Member
Yeah the g/y's make this car not as fun. Too much wheel spin. How they made it on this car makes me wonder.

Fordfourlife

Established Member
I'm considering the move myself, and maybe some new rims. But are there any downsides to the Michelins? Is there anything that the Goodyears are better for? If I get the rims I'll certainly go with the Michelins but I'm a noob with the car and I'm not really hammering it. more pulls than digs.

Michelins are safer and better performing in every way, even with TC off it hardly spins in 2nd.

NametoShowOther

Established Member

Goodyears are Better at being tire swings in the backyard playground

Users who are viewing this thread