Michelin Pilot Super Sport or Nitto Invo?

Which Tire?

• Michelin Pilot Super Sports

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • Nitto Invo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mach1Stang

1994 327 Stroker
Established Member
I have 19x10's and 19x8.5's for the 94. The car will be a spirited street car with an occasional trip to the track. I can get either set for about the same price (Nitto's for $30 more total).

Which set should I get?

305/30/19 rear
245/35/19 front

th_s-l1600%208_zpsf7ri6afj.jpg

th_IMG_7525_zpsvwcyrmvr.jpg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I would personally go for the super sports, I love that tire.

I don't have any experience with the Invo though.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Have MPSS on my 335i and will have them on my Cobra soon as well. Amazing tire!

cbj5259

Established Member
I have the invos on mine. For street purposes they are fine. For track use I'd go with the super sports. The invos get a little squirrelly at track speeds.

Just out of curiosity what are you looking at for prices? I got invos last year and they were significantly cheaper than anything else in that tire class.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Mach1Stang

1994 327 Stroker
Established Member
I have the invos on mine. For street purposes they are fine. For track use I'd go with the super sports. The invos get a little squirrelly at track speeds.

Just out of curiosity what are you looking at for prices? I got invos last year and they were significantly cheaper than anything else in that tire class.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Well, the Invo's I found online for $1,088 for the set of 4, shipped.

I found a pair of brand new Michelin 305's from an individual for $563 shipped that are 8 months old, but never used; still with stickers and all. Then I need to buy the fronts off Tire Rack or another webiste for ~$515

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Well, the Invo's I found online for $1,088 for the set of 4, shipped.

I found a pair of brand new Michelin 305's from an individual for $563 shipped that are 8 months old, but never used; still with stickers and all. Then I need to buy the fronts off Tire Rack or another webiste for ~$515

ah, thats a different stoy. normally mpss are a lot more than invos or any nitto. the mpss will grip way better and will last longer. theyre a much, much better tire.

Mach1Stang

1994 327 Stroker
Established Member
ah, thats a different stoy. normally mpss are a lot more than invos or any nitto. the mpss will grip way better and will last longer. theyre a much, much better tire.

Good to hear! I just bought them. I figured it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Thanks for all the advice.

Intervention302

Established Member
Not even close...

PSS for sure. I've owned 3 sets now on my ST and RS

Want to do even better? Get the PS4S

04MysticCobra

Established Member
They arent even on the same realm... MPSS all the way.

^^^^This. I loved the MPSS's when I had them on my 14 GT500. With that said I need to read up more on the Pilot Sport 4S which will be the replacement for the MPSS's.

blue 07

Established Member
I have Nittos on my 07 and Michelins on my 13 Shelby. Both are nice, hard to say which one is "better", they are two different cars with two different ride feels to them. Hope that helps, NOT !!!

SirShaun

Established Member
Nitto NT555 G2s

Im dumbfounded with how well they are working on my 700whp GT500, and it hasn't even been that warm out. A street tire, I can actually peddle, without the on/off feeling associated with most street tires. In short, when it's spinning, they are still biting, allowing time to react, without losing too much ground.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Nitto NT555 G2s

^^^I haven't been impressed with mine and wished I had just bought another set of Continental Extreme Contacts or ponied up for MPSS rubber. I will say they had great grip when new, but have faded fast. I have only had them on my GT for 6 mos, tops. The Conti's seemed to have the same grip from new till I took them off.

SirShaun

Established Member
^^^I haven't been impressed with mine and wished I had just bought another set of Continental Extreme Contacts or ponied up for MPSS rubber. I will say they had great grip when new, but have faded fast. I have only had them on my GT for 6 mos, tops. The Conti's seemed to have the same grip from new till I took them off.

Well crap, they are indeed new. Hopefully I don't experience the same buyers remorse. Did you run them through winter? Did they just harden up on you?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Well crap, they are indeed new. Hopefully I don't experience the same buyers remorse. Did you run them through winter? Did they just harden up on you?

Yes, but we really don't get winters here, lol. I think we maybe had a handful of days in the thirties...this year has been especially mild, would guess that our average temps have been mid/upper sixties for winter. FWIW I am running 285/40/18 out back. You might have more meat out back on your 500.

Users who are viewing this thread