Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 - 255/35/20 & 285/30/20 zr20

cariacou

Established Member
Got a flat on the rear tire, decided to go with another set of wheels.

Up to sale is a set of Michelin PS2:
- 1x 285/30zr20
- 2x 255/35zr20

$150 each.

thread is nearly-new. I bought these in april 2013 and drove 500 miles on them. I still have the receipt from Big-O-Tires.

I will sell separately, email me the tire(s) you want.
if pick up, will do a good price.

if you are in so cal, we can try to meet up.
if you are further away, I will ship it (fedex is usually the cheapest).

I just need space and want them out of my garage. will beat anyone's price.

cariacou

Established Member
it was sent last week. you should receive it in the next few days, just let the post office do their job

MustangGT500

Established Member
it was sent last week. you should receive it in the next few days, just let the post office do their job
BUYER BEWARE with this SELLER. I sent PayPal payment on August 9. Seller shipped August 16. Originally, could not locate when I returned from Woodward Cruise. Found that my son had put them in storage trailer for safe keeping. On August 28, took them to be mounted. Tire Shop found a IMPACT BREAK/KNOT on Tire, which cost me $20 bucks to find. Tire shop also informed me that that tires were Date Coded 2008 and the other tire was Date coded 2010. Seller claimed that he bought these tires April 2013 from Big O. I would find it near impossible that Big O retailer would sell NEW tires in April 2013 that had date codes 2008 and 2010. The Second big problem with this sale is the Seller shipped from a California address, BUT uses FRANCE as his PayPal address.
Now that I have disputed this purchase with PayPal. He wants the Tires shipped to FRANCE as the return Address. I advise no one to purchase from this Rookie Seller, as it is all bad news.

cariacou

Established Member
lol what's your problem now ?
I might be a new seller and you are definitely an experienced buyer.
trying every single possibly to get your money back when the add was completely accurate ?
It's been the 3rd paypal reclamation that I get from this buyer.
1st one: "tracking number not sent"
2nd one: "item not received"
3rd one: "item has a defect"

now if you were actually answering to your emails I believe we could try to solve this out.

But if your only goal is to get both the tires and your money back, I'm sorry to tell you that it will not happen.

MustangGT500

Established Member
lol what's your problem now ?
I might be a new seller and you are definitely an experienced buyer.
trying every single possibly to get your money back when the add was completely accurate ?
It's been the 3rd paypal reclamation that I get from this buyer.
1st one: "tracking number not sent"
2nd one: "item not received"
3rd one: "item has a defect"

now if you were actually answering to your emails I believe we could try to solve this out.

But if your only goal is to get both the tires and your money back, I'm sorry to tell you that it will not happen.

It is obvious that you misrepresented the tires from the get go. 2008 and 2010 date codes do not get sold as new from companies like Big O. I just want to return the tires from a refund, but Not send them to France, as you have requested. There have been two claims. Not received and misrepresented. You act like you live in France and NOT California. You purchased tires in April, drive only 500 miles, but one tire has a BIG goose egg, when air is put in it. The tires are useless to me. All, you have to do is give a legit US address, like the one in San Diego from where they were shipped and they will be on the truck tomorrow. You have already cost me enough money. P.S. you have sent me ZERO Emails. And you shipped FedEx not Post Office.
I have 1758 100% Positive Feedback with Ebay.
Here is all the PM's
cariacou said:
MustangGT500 said:
Any Update?
cariacou said:
thanks.

I'll be gone for the week end, but I'll ship this on monday

MustangGT500 said:
Thanks. We made it. Money Sent

cariacou said:
correct.

my paypal email is [email protected]

don't forget to include the address & a phone number for fedex

MustangGT500 said:
If, I understand it. I pay $342.50 Shipped/PayPal complete? That is splitting the shipping of $85.00 plus the $300.00, if that is it then give me your PayPal email address and I will send the money with description of the deal.
cariacou said:
if you have found a way to pay the paypal fees I can let it go for (350-paypal fees).
that's basically 340ish, or in other words splitting the $85 shipping between you and me.

if you decide to go for 275, I hope you'll enjoy your purchase. I personally prefer the staggered setup because of the appearance of front pictures making the rear tires look really fat.
It saves some weight, but I don't believe much.

maybe another time,
cariacou

MustangGT500 said:
Thanks but I am done, I would prefer 275/35/20 on all four. I just thought I would compromise on the 255/35/20. good luck with your deal.
Phil
cariacou said:
make it $350 and you have it

MustangGT500 said:
Bottomline can you take $325 Shipped, I will pay your PayPal fee of $11.28. Do we have a deal?
cariacou said:
MustangGT500 said:
I have not heard from the other guy so he is SOL.
If, you decide to do $$325.00 then I will PayPal send you email Paypal. I have an FedEx Account and you can ship the tires with just tags on them. Tires weigh 25 lbs. each. I have shipped a lot of tires with them you rate $85 for 2 seems high. any way $325.00 Shipped, you decide.
cariacou said:
it looks like you know what you are doing by buying used tires.
I could lower the price to 350 shipped for you
they come with the receipt from big o tires

MustangGT500 said:
I email the seller before purchase to make sure they were Non Patched/Plugged. I have previously done business with this seller and got a near New 275/35/20 for $150 with free shipping. I was thinking taking the two best 275/35/20 for the rear and your 255/35/20 for the front, but knowing on the Shelby, I can use 275/35/20 on all corners. I am current running DR's which work fine. I also have a complete set of tires/wheels CS40
cariacou said:
MustangGT500 said:
Thanks for reply, but all tires New and Used are free shipping on Ebay, so I will keep shopping. Just bought these
Pair of 2 275 35ZR20 Michelin Pilot Sport PS 2 | eBay
cariacou said:
MustangGT500 said:
PayPal and Shipped to 62234 for the $300.00 I will take them

thanks for your pm. I can do $300+ shipping.
Shipping from 92111 is $85 with fedex.

that would be 385, and I take on me the paypal charges.

I understand you wanting to get the best deal, and I do the same when buying anything.

I carry this same lowest price when selling goods I do not need anymore, and I believe I have priced my tires at the lowest price one can find. If it is not, let me know and I will match the price: I want the buyer & seller to have a fair deal. Moreover, I do not have anymore 20" wheels and need the space in my garage.

I have checked the tires you bought, and I believe they were priced right.
The pair you bought was 40-50% used, and usually people do not drive the tires till 0% but 15-20% of life left. which would be 20-25% of "driving life" left on the tires compared to 75-80% on mines (I litteraly only used them for 2 months, I sell them at a used price but they are in mint condition and saw less than 1000 miles for sure).

Also, be careful when buying used tires. If you drive fast, you do not want your tires to have seen any repairs. And this is the reason of all these used tire sales on ebay: people with performance cars change their tires whenever they have a poncture. The tire shop then gets the used tire for free, patches it and resells it on craigslist / ebay for a profit.

You can email the seller, but I believe that the pair you bought had patches. Sellers are usually very proud of non-patched tires and would advertise it in the ad.

Mines have seen no patches, no repairs.

sorry for the long answer, I didn't plan to write that much.
If you think the deal is not fair, let me know.

cariacou

you can check out the rates by yourself.
package is 28x28x21, weight 58lbs and my zip is 92111

I was out of town. they were sent last week you'll receive them shortly.
please drop your paypal inquiry when they arrive.

Last edited:

cariacou

Established Member
I don't see why you publish all that. there's private information in this. Please delete it.

if you really wanted to solve the case, you would email or pm me.
I have no desire to entertain a public forum topic when you are not trying to find a solution.

BV600

Established Member
Sounds like he's taking care of other members....I see no private info in this

cariacou

Established Member
I see plenty of it: emails, zips, location, and I let you guess what PM stands for.

the buyer doesn't even try to settle the case, not contact me. just opens a paypal claim and throws every bit of information he has on the public domain.

I won't be answering this topic until the claim is settled. it's like I am being judged before having a having a chance to express myself.

MustangGT500

Established Member
I see plenty of it: emails, zips, location, and I let you guess what PM stands for.

the buyer doesn't even try to settle the case, not contact me. just opens a paypal claim and throws every bit of information he has on the public domain.

I won't be answering this topic until the claim is settled. it's like I am being judged before having a having a chance to express myself.

Why do I post this? I do not want anyone else making the same mistake that I did, which is dealing with you. Lets make this simple so even you can understand. PayPal asked you if you would take the tires back. You said, If they were sent back to FRANCE (which is not were they were shipped from) the tires were shipped from San Diego, California. PayPal asked would you help defer the shipping cost to FRANCE. We have checked shipping to FRANCE, it would cost $500-$700 to ship. It would cost $66.00 to ship them back to San Diego. You have Never sent any EMAIL to me. The "case" is to be settled thru PayPal. The only information is the Shipping Zip, which is NOT FRANCE, but Bend, Oregon, which is strange, since the tires were shipped from San Diego, California. All that is needed to settle this is an Address given to PayPal, where I can ship the tires for a refund, Other than FRANCE. Seems simple for an HONEST Person.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread