Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

06redfire3vgt

Established Member
Sorry, the front tires were turned at kind of a weird angle and I was in a hurry.
new tires front.jpg

new tires rear.jpg
new tires whole car.jpg

svt662

Established Member
Love the look of them and you Shelby is Beautiful... Is it at stock height?

norcalcobra

Established Member
Had my tires installed yesterday. WOW! I am comparing them to the stock tires. Comfort level is great, acceleration/deceleration is great. I wont be going back to GY. Its like driving on rails.

svt662

Established Member
Had my tires installed yesterday. WOW! I am comparing them to the stock tires. Comfort level is great, acceleration/deceleration is great. I wont be going back to GY. Its like driving on rails.
Happy to hear! With only around 600 miles on my Factory Goodyears I think you could end up in a car crash with these tires. I'm hoping to drive my Shelby a little more this year but want to be safe! That's why I purchased the New Michelin tires, I will mount them next week and post some pictures.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
When I had the 2014 GT500 new took the factory GY tires off at 50 miles and sold them then put on the Michelin Pilot Super Sport's. It was a big difference how much more stable and controlled the car was with the MPSS's on than the GY's. The 4S Sport Pilots should be even better.

svt662

Established Member
Again with not many miles on my Goodyears I think Ford was crazy to put these tires on a vehicle with 650+ HP. The couple time I have driven my Shelby I always felt unsafe and I think that is one of the reasons why I never drive it! If I had purchased my original Venice wheels with the rears at 10.5, I would have mounted a Nitto 555R. I never felt unsafe with any of my other cars except for my 95 Viper! I hope these Michelins will help...

Imatk

Established Member
The Goodyears are unsafe... this is what happened to me on our first cold day of winter (around 30 degrees)

PB_Front2.jpg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The thing about the goodyears is that they are rock hard below temperature. These tires are actually pretty good for tracking the car at a road course (once properly warmed up). Unlike many other tires, they wont overheat and slide around at the track when pushed.

I do believe that for street applications, they are a bad choice, especially on a 600 RWHP car.

For daily use, I believe MPSS and now 4s, cant be beat.

Imatk

Established Member
I loved the Goodyears when it was warm... LOVED them but my love faded :)

svt662

Established Member
The thing about the goodyears is that they are rock hard below temperature. These tires are actually pretty good for tracking the car at a road course (once properly warmed up). Unlike many other tires, they wont overheat and slide around at the track when pushed.

I do believe that for street applications, they are a bad choice, especially on a 600 RWHP car.

For daily use, I believe MPSS and now 4s, cant be beat.
I agree when heated or living i a warm area they are OK!

Imatk

Established Member
I hope you didn't get hurt! Was this Shelby totaled?

Incredibly I didn't suffer any serious injuries. My right index finger still hurts to this day because i ripped a lot of tendons in my hand holding on to the steering wheel.

Had a concussion and still occasionally forget things which is weird. Knee got banged up.. that was probably the worst other than the concussion. My shoulder took a beating too from the seatbelt. Really lucky to be alive since I basically hit a large rock which spun me into several trees. I was only going about 40 mph as well... had I been going faster I doubt I would be typing this.

It was an '06 with a Shelby driveline. Basically a Shelby but without the "Shelby" and yeah it was totaled.

jtfx6552

Established Member
I've been off the forum for awhile, was the MPSS "wobble" ever figured out?

I had the MPSS with no wobble, but I'm curious.

Also the front stock size MPSS was quite a bit narrower than the GY, I went up a size, is that smaller width still true with the 4S?

svt662

Established Member
IMG_1133.JPG
IMG_1140.JPG
IMG_1129.JPG
IMG_1135.JPG
Mounted today but they sent me the wrong center caps:mad:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread