MGW Shifter

93snake93

Established Member
Has anyone ordered one of these lately? Well I did, and my handle was red instead of orange. There was a note attached to the instructions that said,
"The enclosed RED handle is same as the orange handle- there was a mix up at the anodizers and a few were made the wrong color." Do you think I should call them about this?

93KingCobra

Established Member
No, George and those guys over at MGW are really cool...You should have no problems with the handel..besides it not like you will see it...

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
shiz302 said:
This shifter seems like the new kid on the block, I'll have to give it a try.

agreed. I have heard a ton of positive reviews about it. I may put one in my svo to try out instead of a tri-ax like my other 2 cars have

93KingCobra

Established Member
Trust me it is worth every penny....I have one in the 93 and coming from having a steeda in the 03 its like night and day.....

PJM99

Established Member
is the tri-ax noisy? There one out there that makes a 'tink' sound evertime you shift into a new gear. That's the one I want to avoid buying. I can't stand noises while I'm driving.......lol

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
PJM99 said:
is the tri-ax noisy? There one out there that makes a 'tink' sound evertime you shift into a new gear. That's the one I want to avoid buying. I can't stand noises while I'm driving.......lol

lol.... I don't think you need to buy ANY aftermarket shifter then

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
lol.... I don't think you need to buy ANY aftermarket shifter then

hehe yea that noise is the shifter hitting the positve stop...which is the whole point of buying a aftermarket shifter :-D

man i feel old school, i still have my hurst billet short throw in my 93 :smmon:

PJM99

Established Member
shiz302 said:
PJM, you mean to tell me you have stock shifters in your cars? :eek:

Yep, never really had the heart to mod these cars. I used to have short throws in my old VW's, Audi's and Porsche's. I grew up with European cars, but it got too expensive for me. I miss them though. Had a 84 VW GTi with a callaway stage 3 turbo, 85 Audi 4000 quattro with a 20vT transplant and I had a 1986 944 Turbo S which I wrecked :coolman: So I sold it all and moved on to domestics.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
An aftermarket shifter is worth getting just for the positive stops alone a.k.a. insurance for your transmission. The stock shifter can bend the shift forks in the trans if you shift hard.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
93cobra#3326 said:
hehe yea that noise is the shifter hitting the positve stop...which is the whole point of buying a aftermarket shifter :-D

man i feel old school, i still have my hurst billet short throw in my 93 :smmon:
You think you're old school - I have a Hurst Comp Deluxe (chrome stick/white ball) in mine. They didn't even make the billet short throw when I bought mine... :eek:

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
93Cobra#2771 said:
You think you're old school - I have a Hurst Comp Deluxe (chrome stick/white ball) in mine. They didn't even make the billet short throw when I bought mine... :eek:

:bash: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread