MGW Shifter Who installed themselfs?

FVEOH69

Established Member
So im thinking about getting one for my 2012 5.0. All the videos I see it seems some what complicated and are on lifts. Can you install this yourself without a lift? Thanks guys!

merlinmol

Established Member
I installed mine on a lift, but you do not need one. A lift actually makes it harder in some aspects because you have to keep bringing the car up and down, on stands you can just jump in it when you need to.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
If you drive down to MGW in Georgia they will install it for your free when they are not busy. Takes them about 40 minutes.

kingnut

Established Member
lol at even suggesting driving from PA to GA to get a Short Shifter installed. they have STEP by STEP instructional videos. my 12 year old female cousin could do this install.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
lol at even suggesting driving from PA to GA to get a Short Shifter installed. they have STEP by STEP instructional videos. my 12 year old female cousin could do this install.

Others have traveled further, just last week a guy from Michigan trailered his supercharged mustang to Jpc just to get it dyno tuned. Some folks will travel to get what they need!

jdcobra

Established Member
Installed on jackstands in under an hr and a half.

+1 I didn't install heat shield or dynamat and have NO additional NVH. There is a new video of rich installing it on a boss and not a table. He has good tips and tricks to help make life easier

kingnut

Established Member
Others have traveled further, just last week a guy from Michigan trailered his supercharged mustang to Jpc just to get it dyno tuned. Some folks will travel to get what they need!

Your comparing getting a Supercharger installed and tuned to installing a Short shifter. Face palm.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Your comparing getting a Supercharger installed and tuned to installing a Short shifter. Face palm.

No he already had it installed, he traveled for the tune alone! That's quite a distance for just a tune! Not only that he trailered the car. Palm to face!

Last edited:

ACESnEIGHTS

Established Member
I'm road tripping to South Carolina in June for vacation, stopping at MGW on the way and having it installed. I could do it as I'm lucky to have access to a car lift, but like the idea that
it will be installed by the the guys who actually made this incredible shifter.

cheeser

Established Member
I installed myself by driving it up on a pair of ramps and then jacking up the rear and putting the axle on jack stands. Thing gave me plenty of room to crawl underneath, but able to access via the top as needed.

The most difficult of the install for me was in placing the clamshell design around the shifter rod. Not overly difficult, but just a pain for me in getting my hands in there.

Last edited:

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
I installed men myself by driving it up on a pair of ramps and then jacking up the rear and putting putting on jack stands. Thing gave me plenty of room to crawl underneath, but able to access via the top as needed.

The most difficult of the install for me was in placing the clamshell design around the shifter rod. Not overly difficult, but just a pain for me in getting my hands in there.
LOL at money paws!!!!:beer:

FVEOH69

Established Member
Well I guess I will try! Next question, wheres the cheapest you found it online?!

byeofcr

Established Member
I didnt think they were available other than from MGW new?

Anyway I did mine on jack stands. The bolts from under the car were a little tedious but not hard. The freaking rubber boot took the longest. Its pretty easy though. 2 hours w/ multiple beer/bullshitting breaks.
Tip: try to get as much done under the car at one time it gets old real quick getting under the car to get back out over and over.
Im not totally like Ohmygerdddd its the best ever mod, but its better than stock.
Use the dynamat.

Users who are viewing this thread