MGW shifter on a 13

shelbysvt

Established Member
Can anyone who has bought the new MGW with the new quieter bracket comment on if it is really neccessary on a 13?

I think the stock shifter, shifts pretty smooth and nice and I'm wondering for those that use MGW if it is worth it on the newer cars. I would like a little shorter throw than stock but I don't want to induce notchyness (if that is even a word).

Snoopy49

Established Member
I talked to MGW last week and was told that if you set the shifter to 4 turns, the throw is slightly longer than stock, but is much smoother to operate.

shelbysvt

Established Member
I talked to MGW last week and was told that if you set the shifter to 4 turns, the throw is slightly longer than stock, but is much smoother to operate.

Interesting. Don't most people set it at 4 or 5? I am wondering why they do so if 4 is still longer than stock.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It might not be necessary on the '13/'14. The '07-'10 had a "spongy" shifter with long throws. The '11/'12 had a notchy shifter with crazy short throws. From what I've read in reviews, they seem to have nailed it on the '13/'14. (It'll be all screwed up again on the '15, thanks to it being Euro friendly. LOL) In my case, I prefer notchy, short throws. I tried the 4(.5) turns and didn't like it; the throws were too long. Then tried 3(.5) turns and somehow missed third a few times. :??: I now have it set to 2(.5) turns and am liking it much better. It's about like stock, except [maybe] smoother and more precise.

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I gotta say I loved my MGW on the 08, but damn did ford,do a good job on the 14. I may just keep it stock!

Users who are viewing this thread