Mgw gen 2 shifter

HighTorque

Established Member
I just placed my order for my 2014 gt500 mgw gen 2 shifter with the white snake shifter and deluxe jam nut. I was wondering what everyones experiences were with wait times after you placed your order? Also how difficult was the install without a lift availible? Any advice or what things i should be expecting?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I fired off a text to see if I can get a "rough" estimate on when the next run may be scheduled.

As to doing the mod without a lift, I've had shifters in and out of my '09 five times now. Each was done with the car safely up on jackstands and me on my back. I find it more comfortable this way as much as it takes a bit longer than when using a lift.

Verse yourself on the clips that retain the stock shifter arms to the transmission. You'll be reusing them. They are sometimes difficult to see so if you know how they go on/off you won't struggle when you get to that step. Watch the installation video (link is at MGW's site) a couple of times before diving in.

HighTorque

Established Member
Yeah TOB ive watched it once and will watch it a few more times definitely. Hammer I received an email from them today and they said gt500 shifters are 2-3 weeks out production then it will be shipped. I have high hopes and am realistically prepared for a months wait.

CentralTexHemi

Established Member
I have the Gen 1 and love it have heard some minor issues with Gen 2 not sure if they have worked that out

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Mine took about 2 weeks. I pulled my transmission for a clutch replacement so no help with install on jack stands. It's pretty stiff and will take some getting used to.

Last edited:

s.hammer

Established Member
They told me 2 weeks too, but I expected it to be more like 5 weeks, had a friend that deals with MGW tell me they were about that far out on production prior to ordering. They are really busy during the summer months. The product is worth the wait.

Nickoli

Established Member
I just put my order in tonight and pray I have it in before the NMRA gt500/terminator shoot out beginning of October!

jay38372

Established Member
Waited two weeks on my shifter to arrive, then installed it and got so busy at work I hadn't driven the car in two weeks today was the first day driving it and it does have a stiffness and precision to it. I'd recommend it to anyone the throws are short and precise.

GT500Nu-B

Hello members. I,m new to this site and been reading threads by others who are far more experienced than I am about these cars. But trust me, I love my car. No pics yet but coming as soon as I can get them posted. Brief description of mine is, 2014 Gt500 SVT. Race red/white stripes. Black interior, Recaro seats/white stripes. No TP. Any how, my question is this. I want this shifter, but cannot find the vendor who sells them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HighTorque

Established Member
You have to buy direct from mgwshifters.com. Nu-b i am hoping i have mine before the wannagofast event in suplhur springs.

little-dw

Established Member
screw it, I'm ordering one now too. figured i would hold off until i finished building my shop, but since there will be a about 3 weeks to a months wait. looks like the timing will be perfect. the gen2 shifter will be the first mod in my new shop :D

I swear, every time I get on this website I end up spending money :bash:

Last edited:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
It took me exactly a month to get mine. I have had it in my car for almost a month now and I have to say, I am loving the shifter. The shifts feel positive and rock solid.

Ablaze

Established Member
It took me exactly a month to get mine. I have had it in my car for almost a month now and I have to say, I am loving the shifter. The shifts feel positive and rock solid.

What made you switch to the MGW from the bushing upgrade you had?

OaktownACE

Established Member
I've got one on my Super Snake and I think it's my favorite mod so far. I think changing the gears to 3.73 and changing the shifter has made the car much more entertaining to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread