MGW 2

Kel

Established Member
Based on input from the other thread from Cman01 (and not wanting to hijack further), I ordered an MGW from George yesterday. For those that have made the swap, is it necessary/recommended to change the oil as well? If so, what did you use (and the capacity)? How do you like the shifting after a period of time, during "spirited driving" and normal/day to day? Thanks.

Kel

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not necessary but some say it helps even more. I was highly impressed with the MGW in all scenarios.

You will love it.

Sultan AQ

Established Member
I would like to upgrade to mgw 2 but, I like the stock shifter ball and handle. Are there any after market parts similar to the factory handle and ball?
Ford-Mustang_Shelby_GT500-2010-1024-14.jpg

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
You can use your factory ball as long as you get the correct threaded rod for your model. That little bezel you see below the ball is part of the ball, so you don't lose anything you can see, but you can't use the factory shaft on your shifter. You seem to have a 10+, so you need the 10mm shaft. MGW is licensed by Ford for Cobra logos, etc., so I'd suggest looking at what's available on their website. Their lettering and stripes are pretty much same as OEM.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I would like to upgrade to mgw 2 but, I like the stock shifter ball and handle. Are there any after market parts similar to the factory handle and ball?

I have the stock shifter ball on my MGW 2 shifter. I went with the longer (13 mm) handle.

MGW 2 Shifter in Neutral Position.jpg

Shifter After MGW.jpg

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
When I still had the stock shifter I changed the tranny fluid to Amsoil ATF and I noticed smoother shifts. Not mind blowing but beneficial nonetheless.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, definitely change the fluid if stock. I used Amsoil ATF and immediately noticed the cold 1-2 shift notchyness resolved and I didn't really notice it as an issue until it was gone.
Tremec specs Mobil 1 ATF I believe.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread