meziere water pump

99vertcobra

Established Member
i want to get a electric water pump and install it while the motor is out of the car and i am curious as to where the best place to purchase one is. and what is the purpose of the relay that you can purchase additionaly?

99MystiC

Established Member
I got just the pump but cant really remember from where, but the prices are basically the same where ever u look. U dont really need the relay. Just turn the key on but dont start the car and the pump turns on. Hope that helps. Have had mine for a while and its great. Most guys here dont really want to waste the money on it cuz it dont really add alot of power.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Not only does it not add a lot of power but if it fails you don't know until your motor is like an oven.

Mechanical pumps have a few more tell tale signs in most cases and IMO last longer.

My normal advice is "Don't use electric pumps on a street car"
Race car or a mostly track/weekend cruiser are fine.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
if you get one make sure you install a true temp. guage, that way you can always see if your car is starting to run hot if the pump were to fail

99vertcobra

Established Member
yea my car is pretty much a weekend car. and i do plan to do a water temp guage. so you dont need the relay? i dont understand the purpose of the relay. if the pump will work when the car is turned on then what is the relay for? and i understand the pump alone doesnt make alot of power. but in combination with other things it all adds up. ac delete, electric water pump, underdrive pulleys, longtubes, ported intake, intake spacer, heads and cam,... it all adds up.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
is this a bad topic?

No, not at all...I'm interested in hearing the replies and that is what the POP is really for, a placemark on a thread I'm interested in following. A lot of times it's used for stirring shit or for waiting to see the shit be stirred, but not in this case and I generally don't use it for the latter reason.

Users who are viewing this thread