Meziere Water Pump ???'s

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Anyone installed one yet?
Just curious about where the best place for the electrical connections & wire routing.

Or any install problems?

This weeks project.

Thanks,

Dana

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
Ive heard of one failure, where the pulley itself came off. Saw that on the corral, if you want to research it there.

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
I bought one used from someone and will be installing it can you take some pics and such so we know how it comes out. And remember how you did it I know you have to grind on the brackets.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I rememer reading of that failure. I believe it was an isolated incident and not an issue.
There should be very little if any grinding on the front plate because the stock pulley fits in there now, so I would think the idler on the pump should be ok. We'll see...
The actual install does not look to be that bad, I was just curious about the wiring anyone has used. I bought the relay kit for it, but I'm not sure I'll use it now.

Dana

Fiveohdean

Established Member
There should be very little if any grinding on the front plate because the stock pulley fits in there now

Bad news. Unless they have come out with a new pn for the cobra the idler pulley is quite a bit larger than stock pulley. You have to do a fair amount of grinding onthe bracket to get everything to fit. as long as you have a couple or rotary file bits on hand when you start it will work fine.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
fiveo,
You're correct. And no other part number has been issued for this application yet.
The pulley that comes on the pump is not the same width as the stock pulley, so I found out. It is actually about twice as wide as is needed in this application.
So, yes a lot of grinding will be necessary. At least it's aluminum.

I spoke to Meziere and I was told that, initially, Ford had a thinner steel bracket going from head to head, instead of the aluminum one this is on there now and the pump fit ok.

At least the wiring wasn't as bad as I anticipated.

I took some photos that I'll post after I finish the install and also to send to Meziere for the engineers to look at.

Did you have any other problems?
Dana

shagn03

Established Member
The one isolated failure was mine that i know of. I was on a road trip (100 miles), went to downshift into third to pass a bunch of cars and matted it. As soon as I did I heard a loud pop, so I let off the gas and went to get on the brakes.......oh sh*t, no brakes and no steering. Damn thing left me stranded on the side of the highway in the middle of the backwoods of south east texas on a feakin hot ass July day.

Damn good thing I had an Optima Battery (brand new at the time), it enabled me to drive about 20 miles to the next town where I put my stock one back on the car. I got lucky and never took it out of the trunk!!!!!

Anyways, IMO the best benefit from the water pump was the water temp never even got close to where it normally did.

Oh and when I got home I called Mezierre told them what happened and they sent me a brand new one, still have it.

Fiveohdean

Established Member
Did you have any other problems?

The pulley also blocks access to one of the bolts. You will need an allen wrench with a ball end to install the new bolt. To help prime the pump before running it, pour a little coolant down the black coolant tube on the right side of the blower. This tube has a cap on top that you can remove with a 1/4" drive ratchet.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Fiveo,
I'll remember to prime it. Thanks.
I got all the bolts in, but they don't make it easy. HA! HA!
All that is left is grinding down the cross bracket, and the 2 wires on the pump.

I made a work bench to make things easier. I got tired of no place to set the wrenches down.

Dana

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Red,
It's not finished yet. I still have to hack out the back of the bracket.
I have taken some pictures up to this point though. I should have time to finish it Thursday, maybe sooner.
If you can't wait, sent me your e-mail address, and I'll send what I have so far.

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread