Mexican Cobra (Proyect Unicron)

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
As some of you may have followed, i picked up this car in July of 2014, its been slowly taking form, from abandoned 3 yrs to being daily driven and in the 11sec club, so i'm making this thread to post my progress in the 1320

7A7C0108-F45E-4EA6-A282-B8D3093651A0_zpsbfgzu2jt.jpg

here is the pass filmed with a potato (friends Iphone)

[Youtube_browser]_wd_v5_NJsc[/Youtube_browser]

here is my mod list (as far as i know/discovered/added)

2003 Cobra
Stiegemeier Stage V Eaton
Accufab Single Blade TB and Plenum with
2.76 pulley BBk CAI (hate it)
5.0 stroker shortblock 6lbs crank pulley
BBK Longtube Headers Mac Prochamber and Catback 2.5'
60 lbs injectors SCT BA2600
KB Boost a Pump wire upgrade 60lbs injectors
Front susp. UPR Kmember UPR Coilovers (hate'em too) QA1 adj struts
Rear susp. SRA HPM doble adj uppers and lowers (pinion angle unknown) Strange 10 way adj shocks 3.55 on 26 ET Drags
Tuned by a local guy (not happy either)

Future Plans:
Strange 10 way adj struts
JLT high boost CAI
new Idlers
take it to MVP at San Antonio for tunning

Goal= 10.99 ETs

Last edited:

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
You have a nice list of MODS going there, did you ice the cobra down before the pass? MPH seems a bit low for the mods you have, but then again if the car was HOT I can see it pull timing out. If it wasn't iced down, next time cool the car down, throw some ice in the intercooler tank and you'll see the car pick up 4-5mph easy.

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
You have a nice list of MODS going there, did you ice the cobra down before the pass? MPH seems a bit low for the mods you have, but then again if the car was HOT I can see it pull timing out. If it wasn't iced down, next time cool the car down, throw some ice in the intercooler tank and you'll see the car pick up 4-5mph easy.

mmm no icing, just let it rest after driving 2.5 hrs to the track and let it sit with the hood open an hour between the 2 pases, my first run was a 13.4@116 with 2.8 60ft i suck at launching with Drag Radials lol

Did I read that correctly? 2.76 with a 10lb lower pulley?

just went and measured the lower pulley and it has 9.25 Diameter so it's a 6lbs Lower after googling this and other things are the odds of buying a car from someone who knows 0 to nothing about this cars and trusting his mod list, silly me

Users who are viewing this thread