Mexican Cobra is BACK!

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
hi guys, after some months of waiting, saving money and gathering parts my Cobra is back for more!! new crankshaft, oil pump, rings, bearings, its nice to hear the Stingers roar again!!

here is a little vid (crappy BB quality) if you see i think my al mighty port work did help, i feel it revs smoother and faster, need to go back to the dyno to check any gains

http://vid199.photobucket.com/albums/aa121/luizGT91/Slowbra-2.flv

but i have a little problem with the cooling fan :( it doesn't turn on! i disconnected the coolant sensor to check if it was this the bad part, nop, cooling fan still off, i apply power to the fan directly from the battery + with a wire, fan works like a champ, so i say to myself its the ccrm!! call my budy and tell him to bring the one from his 99 Cobra, same results, i check the fan plug its not getting battery power, i check all the fuses the ones on the engine comparment and the ones under the dash (all work) and nothing, so i'm clueless on this one, my mechanic says that i can run the fan directly from a relay but i don't want my engines wiring to be sliced and cut like an old car! (i know its 11 years old) leave that to the foxbodys i say :lol:

what would you think it is?? do the relays in the engines fuse compartment give any power to the fan or the ccrm is the only one that do this??

thanks guys

01bluesnake

Established Member
Did you check to make sure the pcm is commanding the fan on? did you try turning on the a/c to see if doing that will turn the fan on, it should.
Here is a diagram to check for areas of power and ground.

Everything in the pic above the ccrm is power, and everything below is switched power, or power, or a ground wire after a load or ending at a point with a G
155710083.gif

Last edited:

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
i did turn the a/c also and nothing, let me print this diagram and take it to my mechanic, thanks bluesnake!

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
I hope your Mexican Cobra has all its papers if it goes to Arizona, lol

lololol it does!!

thanks FI :) !!! fan is working now!!! i don't know what my mechanic did but i sent him the diagram and vuala!! it works! now is at the body shop gettin a new paint job, should i put the 01 rear bumper/spoiler or stick with the bastard 99 look???

Users who are viewing this thread