Metra Touch Screen A/C Controls and SYNC Dash kit?

SVTMang

Established Member
Anyone using the metra Touch Screen A/C Controls with SYNC dash kit for aftermarket stereos? I currently have the Shaker 500 system and am wanting to upgrade so I don't have to use a Line Out Converter and wire taps as well as have clearer bass and not drown out my treble by having more sub controls. I just didn't know if the touch screen a/c controls were any good or not.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

naeem5oh

Established Member
i have it, its awesome but there is two minor issues with it. one is that it doesnt save the temp u set it at before turning off the car, which gets annoying at times, another is that when u turn off the car, since it uses a direct power line, the top ac screen will turn on every few minutes for about 15 secs and turn off... ive had it for about 4 months and my car battery has given me any troubles so i really havent cared about it

naeem5oh

Established Member
other then that i hooked it up to a new 2013 model pioneer receiver and took advantages of the aux powerlines, by hooking up white led strips in the footwells and red leds in the trunk! i like the ability to customize the color of the a/c control screen, which is really responsive! i did however wrap the face in a black brushed aluminum wrap becuz the grey areas looked cheap. i have a base gt so i only had the stock speakers which i replaced with some 35w pioneers and added a sound ordinance powered sub enclosure and everyone loves it!

SVTMang

Established Member
Thanks man. Yeah, I have a 2011 GT/CS 6MT. I was thinking about having my dash kit hydro dipped locally to resemble the other pieces of the dash that have that carbon fiber look.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread