meth install

98svtconvert

Established Member
meth install ?'s

2 questions. where did those of you running meth injection tap in for power. if you happen to have a pic, that would be even better. second, the yellow wire is used to run the kit off the maf but it doesn't tell me which wire to tap for the signal. any help would be great. thanks.

Justin

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
free bump for ya..doing this this weekend too for my car and prob gonna wanna no the same crap..most ppl tho spray right before the TB

98svtconvert

Established Member
i have everything hooked up except the maf wire and the power wire. for the tank i made some brackets and installed it directly under the windshield res, tapped in a fitting and ran a hose from the top tank to the new tank. this way i can still clean the windshield and i can hold over a gallon of meth. all i have to do to check my meth level is hit the wiper fluid and see if it sprays. if it doesn't then i know i'm on the second tank. should work out perfectly. just need this last bit of info to finish before i hit the dyno.

Justin

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
i ran a relay so power was from the battery to relay then a "key on" switch to a map sensor to the relay. sorry cant explane well im on my cell

98svtconvert

Established Member
got the snow performance stage 2. i can run the kit off boost but i would rather run it off the maf sensor. just don't know which wire is the signal wire.

Justin

94venomV8

Established Member
I have a side note about the mounting that maybe someone can clear up. I have heard many people say that putting the nozzles somewhere before the IAT sensor. However most people put them right before the TB which is after the IAT. I see the obvious reasons to run it before the IAT as it would help in tuning and also the engine could give more timing when in boost. However why do people put it after? Also what is the best location to put the nozzle(s)?

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
some people run it after the IAT because they dont want to run more boost or timing, rather they just use it as peace of mind against detonation.

Users who are viewing this thread