Meth Injection Nozzle Placement. No Cooling Effect Noticed

Brandonscarinfo

Established Member
I won't get into the long story and I will do my best not to bash the certain shop that did this install.... what I will say is I was dismayed at the install job and unprofessionalism. I was told they had done this exact kit before then found out that mine was the first from this company they've done. They followed half of the instructions and the other half they went completely against the instructions (i.e. they used teflon tape when the instructions said to not use it as it will clog the system). They also decided to tap my s/c elbow when i had specifically asked them to just tap the CAI. I had asked about the teflon tape after it was all done and the response was they've never had an issue with it.... carrying on... the whole job was botched, which leads me to this thread.

I have had absolutely no cooling effect. No change in IAT or IAT2, however the methanol is kicking in as I am running a lot richer. I have had a few people tell me that where the shop put the nozzles it won't atomize and that's why I am seeing no cooling effect. My question is, is this placement ok? Or do I need to plug these holes and tap the CAI? Where are the IAT and IAT2 sensors located? Is it possible that it's being injected post sensors so that they are not catching the temperature change?

My mixture is 12 bottles of HEET to 1 gallon of distilled water.

fa14524b54e8cb9bb55b92811b5bf341.jpg

4af36b88e0ee15b127244c6392bcb13c.jpg

dabb7e673ad63fef1f1f2ef193763980.jpg

***An added thing that really heated me was that the whole reason for going to this shop was to have my s/c pulley swapped. Took work off to go to have everything done. Apparently the shop lent the pulley tool out to a friend and said the friend would be off at 3:30pm. (I arrived at the shop at 9:00am and they didn't touch my car until 1:45pm. They were working on a different project with no deadline. I left the shop at 9:00pm with a botched meth injection install, and no pulley swap. They said to come back next week and they'd do it. Came back at the agreed upon day. Still no pulley tool. All in all I had a terrible experience. I ended up going to a different shop to get the pulley swapped.

Last edited:

scotsam

Established Member
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, United States
I looked into meth but on the gt500 platform I couldn't find any good nozzle placement to get the benefit I was looking for. As far as your nozzle placement it is probably better after the throttle body as I've heard stories about the meth leaching into the electronics in the tb. You are currently getting the benefit of higher octane with the placement now. to get any real cooling (as in iat) it would have to be injected aft the supercharger. The problem with injecting it aft the supercharger is where? Everyone says the lower intake. But once again where? There is no one that seems to have or is willing to share that info. What about even distribution? Dunno? That's why I bailed on it my main concern was iat. That's not to say you can't make more power you will just have to have it tuned for it and then be consistent with you mixture. My kid runs a $1200 aquamist 5 nozzle setup on his vw runs 30psi on the street all day long no problem. I just don't think the gt500 is very meth friendly. Also you can get 5 gallon containers of meth for about 30-35 dollars and mix it with distilled water. Check out your nearest circle track.

Last edited:

devilish64

Established Member
I would definitley NOT be pleased with the placement of the nozzle on the top of the inlet like that. It sucks when you trust a shop when they say they've done certain things many times and assume that their standard of quality MUST be high because this is what they do for a living and you dont get anything close to what you imagined.... although you more than likely payed GOOD money to have it done. sorry to hear, good luck!

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Not only does that nozzle placement look ridiculous , but did they seriously grind the paint off your shock tower for a ground???

scotsam

Established Member
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, United States
I would definitley NOT be pleased with the placement of the nozzle on the top of the inlet like that. It sucks when you trust a shop when they say they've done certain things many times and assume that their standard of quality MUST be high because this is what they do for a living and you dont get anything close to what you imagined.... although you more than likely payed GOOD money to have it done. sorry to hear, good luck!

If I was installing that nozzle I would have tried to put on the bottom of the inlet I wouldn't have been happy with that up top either.

Brandonscarinfo

Established Member
Nope. Not pleased at all...still figuring out how to fix this myself...need to mount the nozzles in my plastic cai somehow
That has to be close to hitting the hood.
It is super close... put some grease on top of it...closed the hood and it didn't appear to touch
Not only does that nozzle placement look ridiculous , but did they seriously grind the paint off your shock tower for a ground???
Yes...they did grind the paint off of my shock tower :(
If I was installing that nozzle I would have tried to put on the bottom of the inlet I wouldn't have been happy with that up top either.
There are 2 nozzles... 1 up top and another underneath

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

fullboogie

Established Member
Sad to see this kind of shoddy work - I feel for you, man. Several hack shops like that in the Houston area as well.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
wow, sorry to see that. You can tell there were zero ****s given on their end from nozzle placement to the god awful hose routing. Hope someone gets it straight for ya

Users who are viewing this thread