Metco/Tensioner Question

93VORTECH

Established Member
After kicking around the idea of ordering some Metco's, I've finally decided on the Double Bearing Idlers. Singles seem to be just fine, but personally it just makes the most sense to get the best ones since I'm gonna be there tearing the old ones off. Car still has the Eaton with a 2.8 Upper and I'm running around 13-14#'s of Boost. Question is...If these Idlers are added for Strength, Durability, and BLING factor, shouldn't the Tensioner Pulley also be upgraded? I'm just wondering because that pulley material can't be much better than the stock idlers everyone despises. Just wanna know if I should be ordering a pulley for the tensioner also?? And if so, which one?? Size?? Thanks Guys

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The stock tensioners can fail internally. The spring can break and make rattle noises. I never seen many upgrade the pulley itself on the tensioner. Recently I upgraded to a thump rrr tensioner.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Check out my thread. I asked these questions and found that Metco makes a pulley for the tensioners (inner: 76 mm, smooth surface, single bearing and outer: 76 mm, grooved surface, double bearing). I upgraded all my pulleys to include the tensioner pulleys. My system is stock (still running stock pulley on the Eaton), but I wanted the bling factor. So, I kept my stock tensioner, but upgraded the pulley.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/idler-pulley-debate.1127604/

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I just ordered the Metco tensioner pulley it's grooved I will be installing it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread