Metco Idler coming in contact with KB 2.8 blower- need advice

TexasSpeed

Established Member
I purchased a used but, never run Metco Motorsports PN MSI-90D idler kit. It installs just under the blower and applies a bit more wrap on the belt. I installed it this morning and need input from others. When I torque the bolts down, it comes into contact with the front case of the blower. Those that run this idler, do you have any gap between the Metco aluminum bracket and your blower or is it designed to sit on the blower face for additional strength???

Here are a few pictures.

Thanks - Todd

IMG_1655.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I think you have the wrong idler. Metco makes one specific for the KB. Check out their website and your part number.

TexasSpeed

Established Member
I was told this was the one specific for the KB... I don't think there is a part number stamped on it anywhere. I'm on the Metco site and they (2) look identical. I'll go to the seller to see if I can get confirmation but, does seem like the two could easily be confused...

dohcsvt

Established Member
MSI-90KBD is the part number you need. As catmonkey said, it is KB specific. Also, you gave the part number in your original post... I'm confused?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I see they have this warning in the description.

Some KB-equipped cars using the very large-case blowers and/or coolant piping around the bracket's mounting location may not be able to use this idler kit.

I just knew they had a specific unit for the KB. Maybe someone with more information can chime in. The part number you have in your post is for the Eaton superchargers. If it is the right idler, I wouldn't use it if it's contacting the blower case.

ante

Established Member
There is really no need for one since the pulley is usually much larger and belt wrap is not a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasSpeed

Established Member
MSI-90KBD is the part number you need. As catmonkey said, it is KB specific. Also, you gave the part number in your original post... I'm confused?

I pulled the wrong part number. I was told the kid I purchased was the one specific for the KB blowers. I'm calling Metco on Monday and hoping it is just a larger spacer needed to make it work. I already removed it as I knew the contact with the blower didn't seem logical. Thanks for the input fellas.

TVS VERT

Established Member
BPS has the kit your looking for had zero issues running one on my Car when it had a KB on it .....Give Mat or Sylvain a call at BPS and they will take care of you

TexasSpeed

Established Member
I spoke with Metco and provided pictures of what I had received. It turns out the kit I got was for the OEM blower and/or the Whipple blower. I've since sold it to someone that can actually use it. Thanks for the help guys. - Todd

Users who are viewing this thread