Metco Driveshaft Loop Users Inside, Please

RKHiPerformance

www.MetcoMotorsports.com
Established Member
If you have the Metco Motorsports front driveshaft loop on your GT500, please post up with the type of headers and exhaust system you have on the car.

Thanks very much,
Rick

scmustangs

Established Member
I have the Metco loop with Dynatech 1 7/8 headers, x pipe, & Magnaflow exhaust.

RKHiPerformance

www.MetcoMotorsports.com
Established Member
Thanks very much for the response...I appreciate the confirmation.

Any users of our front loop with the American Racing headers & x-pipe kit? I know it fits, but I'd like to hear from someone who has this combo.

Ryan Howell

ARH and X PIPE, METCO LOOP

I actually just installed the american racing headers last night, and have the Metco driveshaft loop and one piece alum. drive shaft. The american racing x-pipe wouldn't clear the metco loop. I will be looking at it tonight to see if there are any simple mods I can do with the loop to make it clear, I will keep you posted. If it don't work for me I will purchase the loop from evoulotion performance (only $100) just didn't want to drill holes in the floor if not needed. This is on a 2011 GT500 SVTPP

Last edited:

GT500Steve

Under Pressure
Established Member
I had the Metco front loop and installed Kooks 1 & 3/4 Longtubes. Loop wouldn't clear the X, so had to ditch it. Went with the Lakewood, no more problems.

RKHiPerformance

www.MetcoMotorsports.com
Established Member
I'm surprised to hear this, unless something has been changed with the configuration of the exhaust kit. We know of installations of our loop with large aftermarket pipes, esp the American Racing kit.
What is the exact interference issue? Is it the center support brace beneath the crossmember? If the X is tucked up extremely close to the crossmember, the loop can be installed without the center support. It will have sufficient rigidity even without the brace.

Users who are viewing this thread