Metal Detecting

termin8rdsg

Established Member
Does anyone here do it?

I have a Garrett Ace 250 and I find all kinds of random stuff. I usually find alot of coins. It hasn't paid itself off yet, but I'm working on it. I need to do some more detecting at the beach, that's where alot of people lose their belongings.

jcr

Established Member
This is gonna sound pretty dumb but, a buddy of mine came into some information on a very expensive item that was buried many many many years ago. We were able to narrow it down to about 5k acres of land (yes 5,000) and after some research we then narrowed it to about 700 acres and began our trek. armed with old photographs, some hiking gear, shovels, and metal detectors we spent many summers rain or shine hunting it down. We were able to narrow it down to just a few acres but never did find it. With the flood of 55 and anything else that happened over the decades, it could be anywhere. It was never claimed but it may be lost in history at this point. It was fun though. I use the area as a hiking spot to take lady friends now shrug

Another treasure (so to speak) we believe we have located but have not dug up yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread