Metabolism ?'s Any doctors or dietitians?

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Ive been dieting since January 1 of this year. I started out at 242 lbs and I'm down to 196 lbs. I've been counting calories only. I have an app on my phone, My Fitness Pal, and it tracks my daily goals, weekly goals, and weight. It adjusts daily allotment of calories based on weight. Great app, and it is helpful.

NOW, on to my question. I hear a lot of dieters talk about a cheat day. Is it actually beneficial and how do you integrate one into your diet? I know it sounds easy, just eat more, it's the cheat day. I have a feeling it isn't that cut and dry. Do I need to cut calories though out the week in order to have a surplus on the cheat day? Or do I eat my 1660 a day and then 2500 on the cheat day?

THANKS

PureStang

Established Member
Do your diet like you normally would during the week. Then say on Friday or Saturday, you would eat something that isn't necessarily part of your diet. The key is to be moderate, but not worry about the diet too much.

Like if you limit yourself to healthy, lean foods, go pig out on a hearty 11 oz steak and and some mashed taters with cheese, bacon and sour cream. "Cheat Days" are really "cheat meals." Just be careful as 1 day of binge eating can ruin an entires week work.

Oh, and there is really no benefit to a cheat day in your diet. Its more for the fact of keeping sane. So if you can live without these cheat meals, you will see better results, but sometimes its nice to treat yourself every now and again...

Oh, and good job on the weight loss. 1700 calories isn't much food. Im at about 2500 calories a day, but I do go to the gym everyday.

Last edited:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
OP you have the idea all wrong. You don't eat more for your cheat day. You just have 1 meal that you like that you normally wouldn't eat because it's not the best for your diet. It doesn't mean stuff your face all day with bacon grease. Just have 1 serving of something you like that's not boring diet food as a reward for your healthy diet. Cheat day doesn't mean cheat all day, it means it's the day you have a cheat meal.

Last edited:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Im not referring to binging all day, just having a day where I have 2500-2700 calories throughout the entire day. Rather it be a nice big meal or extra snacks during the day, as long as its calculated, it's the same. It's impossible to binge all day with 1000 extra calories. My biggest confusion is do I need to save up for it.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Do your diet like you normally would during the week. Then say on Friday or Saturday, you would eat something that isn't necessarily part of your diet. The key is to be moderate, but not worry about the diet too much.

Like if you limit yourself to healthy, lean foods, go pig out on a hearty 11 oz steak and and some mashed taters with cheese, bacon and sour cream. "Cheat Days" are really "cheat meals." Just be careful as 1 day of binge eating can ruin an entires week work.

Oh, and there is really no benefit to a cheat day in your diet. Its more for the fact of keeping sane. So if you can live without these cheat meals, you will see better results, but sometimes its nice to treat yourself every now and again...

Oh, and good job on the weight loss. 1700 calories isn't much food. Im at about 2500 calories a day, but I do go to the gym everyday.

What do you weigh? Are you maintaining or losing weight? I'm debating joining a gym this week. I really wanted to get to that 50 lb mark before I joined.

Users who are viewing this thread