Met injection

MaxxdSVT

Established Member
Hey, I've been thinking of doing meth injection on my cobra. I have stock Eaton with 2.7 pulley (465whp) and looking at getting a bit more power by cooling the charge temps and the octane boost. I've heard that it isn't ideal to spray before the eaton and that it's better to spray between blower and intake manifold. Trying to do some research before pulling the trigger. I can easily have a machinist build me a sandwich plate and place it between the blower. Anyone have any experience with this?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GodStang

Established Member
You need it after the intercooler under the blower so you just need ports in the lower intake. E85 is the way to go if you can get it. Spray before and the compressing of the air will negate most of what gains you get.

MaxxdSVT

Established Member
There's only 1 e85 station near me about 15 miles away. Can I run e85 on stock fuel system? I know at minimum I would have to install e85 sensor right?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
Preferably get a return system designed for E85. You'll need some bigger injectors. I've seen guys that have run it on what I recall was the factory system but not entirely sure. Dig around in the distillery forum for that info.

15 miles isn't too bad honeslty. Not sure how often you drive the car.

olympic

Established Member
My car has 2 nozzles drilled into the lower intake plenum spraying meth upwards towards the intercooler. The feed line runs through the engine valley and out the back and under the car to the pump located in the trunk. It's a little tricky to connect/disconnect the feed line when r&r'ing the blower, basically you need an engine hoist or 2 helpers to raise it up while you reach under and deal with the connection.

Users who are viewing this thread