messed something up!

03svtzak

Established Member
So I thought to give the motor a run 2nd to third took it to 6500 and let off. Thru it in 5th cruzed about 1/4 mile and it started shaking put it in neutral and it wanted to die. Went to pull off the hwy and it started making some terrible noise so I turned it off quick.
Parked it.
looked around found nothing so tried to start again and it took a few cranks and it started.
Sounds like a large cam as its loping away and maybe a rod knocking? ?

I will be doing a compression test later today and will update when I can. Any ideas what it could be, would be great.
03 mach 1
Mods:
98 cobra cams
PHP intake spacer
60mm twin throttle body
K&N filter short
Steeda pulleys under drive/ water pump
Bassassni X with slp 2
Sct tuner.

Vid:http://youtu.be/EdVd7FQV5E8
My mach does NOT sound lumpy like in the video.
Near the end you can hear a knock, the camera was behind the upper intake.( wife took video, so yeah...)

Link to M1R
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1577307&posted=1#post1577307

Last edited:

03svtzak

Established Member
I got #1 cylinder done. 185. But the dam adapter didn't come out with the rest of the tester... so now that 1" adapter is stuck in there.. $h!t

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Did you have to keep your foot on the throttle to keep it running? Any codes?

I did something similar. I took mine to about 6,500 and threw it in neutral and it died on me. Actually happened twice. The first time it started back up but the second time it died and wouldnt start back.

I changed my plugs and battery, checked my spark and made sure I was getting fuel. All of that was good. It ended up being my frps. Check and see if there is fuel in the vacuum line running from your frps.

03svtzak

Established Member
No I let off the gas. The fuel rail presser senser? Something to due with fuel I'm assuming. I don't know all the acronyms yet.

Also no codes. Could be due to a mechanical problem?

Last edited:

03svtzak

Established Member
I'm leaning to the bearing. Because when I cranked the motor for the compression test. I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yeah fuel rail pressure sensor. If you hear some engine noise like knocking then it's probably not what Im suggesting.

The disc inside the sensor can rupture causing your car to shut off like it did mine. Its on the end of your fuel rail on the drivers side. There is a hose connected to it which is a vacuum line. Pull it off of the sensor and see if any fuel drips out.

If your car started back then its probably not it sorry.

If your car is making noise try and post a video of it.

glittle75

Established Member
My vote is broken timing chain, cam gear, woodruff key, etc. 5-8 cam isnt spinning.
Probly gonna have nice little custom notches in the piston, and bent valves.
Pull the valve covers.

03svtzak

Established Member
20140406_121319_zpsij3uuzw5.jpg
20140406_121340_zpsavfexbeh.jpg
20140406_121505_zpss2ua3auu.jpg

glittle75

Established Member
Called it!
That sucks though, well now you have an excuse to replace it with stronger parts! Start saving now and get yourself some forged parts.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread