JB said:
and don't hate Darryl just because he's beautiful! :p
ASE.jpg
Thats what Im Talking `bout.:coolman:

BigMerc

No one's buddy
Established Member
bigslim said:
The picture was taken in 1997. I stood up in my best friend's wedding. Here is the whole picture. I miss that car.
18.gif

You look like an indian pimp!!

Virgil

BANNED
Black Cat said:
Hahahaha... I know for a fact another company called Dennis to try and buy MM.net out right for way more than he and the others paid for it.
But Dennis said he needed the site to sell his stuff, and that he makes good money off of the marauder owners.
I wonder if he bothered to tell the other 8 owners about the offer.
They could have made a quick profit for only owning the site for a short time.

The thing I hate about MM.net is they cover up all of Dennis's screw ups.
Take a look at:
http://216.127.88.149/

If what I am hearing is true, a lot of people will not contribute money to a site Reinhart is involved with. Couple that with the arrogant and condescending attitude displayed buy Sergntmac and Mike Poore, and what you have is a recipe for disaster. My guess is MM03MOK was not planning on all this crap.

Logan

Established Member
MI2QWK4U said:
Well, I will begin by stating some facts.

Facts from his point of view...

When I was a moderator on MM.net Logan put a post in the moderator forum indicating he wanted to sell the site by November or shut it down. I personally felt he was serious about just shutting it down and turning the lights out, leaving a lot of people in the dark, leaving no Marauder information sites that size open.

Pretty much true, though I had little doubt a number of people would've stepped up, which is what happened, they did, and the site is still up.

I called Logan, spoke to him that very day of his post to get the details. We discussed terms, price, and more importantly, transitioning to new owners and what he wanted to see happen, and not happen. I discussed this with Mike Z, aka MikesMerc, who contributed some questions of his own for Logan. Mike has run Websites before and has a good working knowledge on the topic. Mike and I currently run the second largest Marader site, MotorCityMarauders.com . There were a few conversations with Logan on the sale of the site over a few weeks, and it appeared that both sides were ok with the deal, and would finalize things as November approached.

Yep, pretty much as described. No contracts or binding sale was initiated at that time. Though Mike & Dave's offer was tendered in the June/July timeframe.

Well, in August, Jerry Barnes of Trilogy decided not to buy Logans Harley Truck that Jerry helped modify with a bunch of hot stuff, including a wicked Trilogy Supercharger! With the automotive market being what it was, Jerry was being conservative. This created hard feelings, and apparently Logan got mad, and took it out on the Motor City Crew.

Wow. Now that's a hell of a leap. The Trilogy Harley stills resides in my garage, absolutely not a big deal. I had accepted the offer to Jerry, frankly because I would've rather seen him own it, sent the deposit that was already on the truck back to the forlorn buyer that was prepared to buy it in June, sat on the truck for 2 months and was told literally a week before heading out that, as Dave said, the economy was down and he couldn't buy it. I promptly said, "No hard feelings, Jerry. Not a problem.", and that was that. Feel free to ask him on that.

Certainly didn't create hard feelings between me and Jerry despite the late notice and lost previous sale. Seriously. Not. An. Issue.

...and I took it out on the Crew? That's definately a leap. I didn't come up to Woodward because there wasn't any point. I had planned to drive the truck one-way up there to get it to Jerry. That wasn't happening, so I saved the time off so I could take time later in the year, not that sinister I think...

I have the PM's from Logan that make clear what he thought of me and the MCM, and I quote "You know what? You're all a bunch of ****ing childish **** heads...". I was then removed as a moderator for posting something that Logan didnt like on MY OWN MOTOR CITY MARAUDER WEBSITE!

This had nothing to do with Jerry or Woodward, but yes, I wasn't comfortable with selling the site to you and the particular instance you mention did help sway that decision. Sorry?

I have never heard of crap like that before, but he was the boss.

Yep. Sole Proprietorship.

Logan didnt show up a week later at the Woodward Dream Cruise as he had planned, and stiffed the Motor City Crew with a hotel bill, we had set up his reservations as a courtesy, and Logan didnt see fit to let us know he wasnt coming....nice huh?

Considering I had my own reservations, on my credit card, and have the cancellation confirmation number from the Hampton Inn, in my mailbox, I fail to see how I did anything wrong. If you somehow got stiffed out of coin as a result of me, you never told me about it or you'd of been taken care of. First I'm hearing of it, and frankly, happy to send you a check. PM me a $$ and address.

This was about the time he began to ignore emails, PMs, and even cell voice mail messages. This was about the time we were hoping to solidify our offer, which at the time was the only one he had been approached with. Our offer was ignored and the site sold to someone else.

Your offer was indeed considered, but frankly, you made an offer, I got a better one that I felt better served the future of the site. Kind of my right to make that decision. Sorry if you got your feelings hurt.

Mike and I thought the site was important enough to be willing to front our own money to keep the lights on. Like Mac said, It is the most informative site on what is a very important piece of motown muscle. I am glad that someone stepped up after Logan ditched our offer, cause he was very serious about just flipping the switch and turning it off.

How do you know how serious I was, I still don't know myself if I would've turned it off rather arbitrarily. I had 4 offers in total, so that likelihood was pretty remote, but I guess it could've happened? Don't know.

Lastly, I applaud you with MCM, I think a diverse community is a good thing and a little competition never hurts.

Ultimately folks, I did what I did to exit the forum running business and concentrate on my professional career. I don't owe anyone anything for mm.net and certainly won't apologize for how it was run or sold. Ultimately, Mary is who I sold the site to, who she chose to involve on her end, none of my business.

I had a great run, met alot of folks and made alot of friends. The fun times vastly outweighed the bad, but I'm just happy to be on the strictly enthusiast side of things again.

I still have the Trilogy Harley, and my daily driver Jeep SRT8 and enjoy my family and my work.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] as I don't get onto the forums very much anymore...

...and Dave, seriously, I wasn't the evil mastermind genius you're making me out to be. Just a guy with way too many obligations and not enough hours in the day, which leaves holes impossible to fill and relationships damaged.

Which is exactly why I started dumping the "optional" obligations to concentrate on ones that matter the most.

Apologies to you and the MCM if you're bent out of shape about it, but seriously, let me know if you got charged anything from the Hampton.

Take care all,

Logan

Last edited:

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
There were times that Logan and I didn't see "eye to eye"...but, so what? We did get along overall, and I think he understood what we had going on here in Atlanta and supported it. Whatever went on with Logan and others I wasn't privy to.

I do think, however...that if he's seen the site lately...and you woke him up at 4am in the morning and asked him about his decision....I think he'd have to admit that he wished some things were different. Just my speculation on the debacle over there.

As I've said before in your final thread Logan...I wish you and yours well.

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
Logan, I am sorry, I still dont think you are an evil mastermind. You were the boss. You dont owe anyone any type of explaination for what you do with your own property, that being the website. I felt personally you were mad or upset with me, considering the last pms I ever recieved from you were what they were. You didnt want to talk about anything via email or pm. If I was off base on the Harley truck thing, then so be it, the timing of everything that happened led me, and others to suspect what we did. Thanks for setting things straight, all I had to go by were the facts at hand. You could have emailed back, or called, so we could have cleared things up. We did it on occasion, voice on a phone is so much more telling of what is actually happening. Good luck with work and the family. You know my number and are always welcome to call anytime. Take care.

BigMerc

No one's buddy
Established Member
Well I have always found Logan to be a gentleman. He has been very helpful to me in the past. The gruff exterior comes from incessant silliness from the same people.

I never did like Dave, I always thought he was attatched to Lidio at the ass. (Lidio is a fine person though) When he was made MOD I thought there would be something in the future come up. It did.

So I cannot look at that situation in a unbiased manner.

Users who are viewing this thread