MercuryMarauder.net under new management

Black Cat

2003 Marauder
Established Member
I see Dennis is one of the new owners of MercuryMarauder.net, before he had them in his back pocket now he owns them. :nonono:

I see that site going down hill in a hurry now.
It was fun while it lasted.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I have a feeling that this place might be getting busier

or maybe a new forum is in the works.... :pop:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
tallboy said:
Hey, JB! It was good to see you on Woodward again!!! :beer:

I ended up spending just as much of the day with the great Marauder gang as I did at Mustang Alley!

Marauderville 3.5 :rockon:

SergntMac

Established Member
STLR FN said:
Logan had been running the site for 6 years and was getting burned out basically. He wanted to spend more time with his family.
Thanks DJ, but Logan founded the MM.net in March of 2002, and he announced his intent to sell in April of 2006, a little over 4 years. The offer laid aroud for a while, langushed until Logan set a firm deadline with no doubt of its certainty, somewhere mid Sept. of 2006.

Moving on to general comments posted here...Nine dedicated MM.Net members came together to continue the history and document the legacy of one great modern performance automobile.

Say what you will about the car, it's still the fastest and most powerful 4 door production sedan Ford (and the public) has ever seen on the street, all 11K plus of them. This automobile once had Ford chomping at the bit of 4 door sedan performance, and later incurred Ford's rath, revenge and ignorance for being exactly what they asked for. Either way, nothing in Ford's history has ever been so bold in goal, or, bodacious in accomplishment, but that's just this automobile, and my personal feelings about it.

"Before he had them in his back pocket now he owns them."

Dennis Reinhart isn't the sole owner of MM.Net, he has eight additional "partners" in the deal with him, so, I suppose that y'all have to deal with the fact that there are at least eight folks on the planet Earth who trust Dennis, and believe in him enough to invest in a business proposition with him.

Guess you have to rub the numbers here, at least Dennis has eight friends who call him that, who are willing to say "he's okay with me, here's my money". This may rub some folks the wrong way, but it rubbed eight just fine.

In this case, it's just eight, a minor number at that. But, maybe some of y'all should ask folks around you? Friends, relatives, your spouse, whom ever you can tap for cash. Ask them "hey, give me XXXX bucks, I've got a great idea..." and see how many cough up cash?

A minor number is less than 10, what's your minor number?

Will this here site get busy with gossip?

Well, I can't say. This issue is quickly growing towards "old news", and it hasn't gathered much moss yet. Someone go run for a gallon of Torco, and I'll grab up a few road flares, meet y'all back here later?

Let's try and burn this mother down, and out once and for all...Who's got the gas?

Last edited:

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
SergntMac said:
Thanks DJ, but Logan founded the MM.net in March of 2002, and he announced his intent to sell in April of 2006, a little over 4 years. The offer laid aroud for a while, langushed until Logan set a firm deadline with no doubt of its certainty, somewhere mid Sept. of 2006.So I was off a couple of years but when did he announce it? Publicly or was it privately, which I wouldn't call it an announcement. I sure as in the hell didn't see it on MM.net. You failed to mention there were other offers on the table. That has been posted on MM.net unless it got deleted.

Moving on to general comments posted here...Nine dedicated MM.Net members came together to continue the history and document the legacy of one great modern performance automobile.I'm sure there are more than nine dedicated MM.net members
Say what you will about the car, it's still the fastest and most powerful 4 door production sedan Ford (and the public) has ever seen on the street, all 11K plus of them. This automobile once had Ford chomping at the bit of 4 door sedan performance, and later incurred Ford's rath, revenge and ignorance for being exactly what they asked for. Either way, nothing in Ford's history has ever been so bold in goal, or, bodacious in accomplishment, but that's just this automobile, and my personal feelings about it.Won't argue that there.

"Before he had them in his back pocket now he owns them."

Dennis Reinhart isn't the sole owner of MM.Net, he has eight additional "partners" in the deal with him, so, I suppose that y'all have to deal with the fact that there are at least eight folks on the planet Earth who trust Dennis, and believe in him enough to invest in a business proposition with him.

Guess you have to rub the numbers here, at least Dennis has eight friends who call him that, who are willing to say "he's okay with me, here's my money". This may rub some folks the wrong way, but it rubbed eight just fine.

In this case, it's just eight, a minor number at that. But, maybe some of y'all should ask folks around you? Friends, relatives, your spouse, whom ever you can tap for cash. Ask them "hey, give me XXXX bucks, I've got a great idea..." and see how many cough up cash?Others did

A minor number is less than 10, what's your minor number?Mines 69.

Will this here site get busy with gossip?Larry,Sid et al. keep a good reign on things over here. Larry wields a pretty big ban stick if ya get outta line.

Well, I can't say. This issue is quickly growing towards "old news", and it hasn't gathered much moss yet. Someone go run for a gallon of Torco, and I'll grab up a few road flares, meet y'all back here later?

Let's try and burn this mother down, and out once and for all...Who's got the gas?WTF are you talking about????

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
SergntMac said:
...Will this here site get busy with gossip?...

I'm sure it will continue to be a place where good discussions can take place without fear of unnecessary censorship :coolman:

I'm also sure that the 'watch list' will continue to grow... ;-)

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
JB said:
I'm sure it will continue to be a place where good discussions can take place without fear of unnecessary censorship :coolman:

Right on the money, as usual, JB...:beer:

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
JB said:

After my rebuttal I'm sure I've been added regardless of the let bygones be bygones attitude..

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
STLR FN said:
After my rebuttal I'm sure I've been added regardless of the let bygones be bygones attitude..

JB is talking about SVTPerformance.com, not MM.NET

I know JB...we're safe here, bro...:beer:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
ahh, yes I was def talking about this place

DJ had me confused until you posted :lol1:

and 'watch list' can also refer to good, hot threads in addition to watching the troublemakers :-D

we don't shy away from trouble here but we do like a fair fight...

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
no worries.... I see nothing wrong with anything you said and neither will Larry :beer:

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
Well...there is more to it!

SergntMac said:
Thanks DJ, but Logan founded the MM.net in March of 2002, and he announced his intent to sell in April of 2006, a little over 4 years. The offer laid aroud for a while, langushed until Logan set a firm deadline with no doubt of its certainty, somewhere mid Sept. of 2006.

Moving on to general comments posted here...Nine dedicated MM.Net members came together to continue the history and document the legacy of one great modern performance automobile.

Well, I will begin by stating some facts. When I was a moderator on MM.net Logan put a post in the moderator forum indicating he wanted to sell the site by November or shut it down. I personally felt he was serious about just shutting it down and turning the lights out, leaving a lot of people in the dark, leaving no Marauder information sites that size open. I called Logan, spoke to him that very day of his post to get the details. We discussed terms, price, and more importantly, transitioning to new owners and what he wanted to see happen, and not happen. I discussed this with Mike Z, aka MikesMerc, who contributed some questions of his own for Logan. Mike has run Websites before and has a good working knowledge on the topic. Mike and I currently run the second largest Marader site, MotorCityMarauders.com . There were a few conversations with Logan on the sale of the site over a few weeks, and it appeared that both sides were ok with the deal, and would finalize things as November approached.

Well, in August, Jerry Barnes of Trilogy decided not to buy Logans Harley Truck that Jerry helped modify with a bunch of hot stuff, including a wicked Trilogy Supercharger! With the automotive market being what it was, Jerry was being conservative. This created hard feelings, and apparently Logan got mad, and took it out on the Motor City Crew. I have the PM's from Logan that make clear what he thought of me and the MCM, and I quote "You know what? You're all a bunch of ****ing childish **** heads...". I was then removed as a moderator for posting something that Logan didnt like on MY OWN MOTOR CITY MARAUDER WEBSITE! I have never heard of crap like that before, but he was the boss. Logan didnt show up a week later at the Woodward Dream Cruise as he had planned, and stiffed the Motor City Crew with a hotel bill, we had set up his reservations as a courtesy, and Logan didnt see fit to let us know he wasnt coming....nice huh? This was about the time he began to ignore emails, PMs, and even cell voice mail messages. This was about the time we were hoping to solidify our offer, which at the time was the only one he had been approached with. Our offer was ignored and the site sold to someone else.

Mike and I thought the site was important enough to be willing to front our own money to keep the lights on. Like Mac said, It is the most informative site on what is a very important piece of motown muscle. I am glad that someone stepped up after Logan ditched our offer, cause he was very serious about just flipping the switch and turning it off. I will continue to visit and support MM.net because it is a vital site to Marauder owners, and will help wherever I can to see it flourish.

For anyone interested, especially our Local SVT brothers around the Motor City, like the Terminators or anyone else intersted, feel free to join our very own Motor City Marauders forums. You will always be welcome and greeted warmly. There is no oppressive hand to keep you from voicing your opinions and observations. Mike or I can add forums at your request, if you should want your own section on our site to hang out. It is growing and is the second largest Marauder site around, so check it out. And yes, even Menace is welcome there!

http://www.forums.motorcitymarauders.com/Forums/index.php

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/

Users who are viewing this thread