Mercedes S550....???

darreng505

Established Member
Part of me wonders if this was clever sabotage by Mercedes, because they know Ford is trying to do a worldwide launch which means they want to penetrate european markets. But now, when people google S550 mercedes will come up too. Almost like "search hijack".

And yes, I know one is a chassis and one is a car model, but its still an unlikely coincidence.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
S550=

S= Platform/Model type
550= program number

Ford never ever advertised/marketed the 2015 Mustang as the "S550."

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
S550 Merc is a beautiful sedan and S550 Ford is a 2 door Fusion turd...No need to worry about confusing the two lol

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Part of me wonders if this was clever sabotage by Mercedes, because they know Ford is trying to do a worldwide launch which means they want to penetrate european markets. But now, when people google S550 mercedes will come up too. Almost like "search hijack".

And yes, I know one is a chassis and one is a car model, but its still an unlikely coincidence.

The MB S550 name has been around far before the "S550" name used for the '15 Mustang.

BigDan

Established Member
Thank you, this was beginning to seem like a Camaro forum with the amount of ignorance in this thread. Camaro guys act as if they were the first for everything and Ford is the one copying.

Shin

Established Member
S550 Merc is a beautiful sedan and S550 Ford is a 2 door Fusion turd...No need to worry about confusing the two lol

You think that version of the S550 is beautiful? :eek: in the eye of the beholder indeed.

My stance on this is the same as black92 though...

Users who are viewing this thread