Men killed in accident, shooting at illegal drag race

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
Men killed in accident, shooting at illegal drag race identified
January 14, 2008 10:58 AM
source: www.al.com

Authorities today released the identities of two men who died Sunday during illegal drag races in the Pratt Community.

Lonnie King, 29, from the Pratt area was struck by one of two cars racing on Republic Boulevard off Avenue W while he was videotaping the race, said Jefferson County Chief Deputy Coroner Pat Curry.

Anthony Lett, 36, of Huntsville, was shot to death when he suggested taking King to the hospital after the wreck, Curry said.

The accident happened just before 4:30 p.m. Curry said King was struck after the two cars lost control. He was dragged 300 feet before the cars came to a stop.

When Lett wanted to take King to the hospital to see if anything could be done for him, someone pulled a gun and shot Lett. A man from Florida then put Lett in a car and drove him to UAB Hospital where they dumped him out of the car and left him, Curry said.

Authorities have said the racing was between two groups, one from Florida and another from Tennessee. The race was taking place on a dead-end street through an industrial park commonly used for illegal racing.

Carol Robinson

-Wow... lets keep it at the track people.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
-Wow... lets keep it at the track people.

wow, 2 people killed drag racing, and wow, we should keep it at the track.

yes, its bad that a innocent guy was hit and killed, then another was shot, but they had more of a chance chocking to death, or being in a car accident.

they were obviously perticipating in the event, therefor wernt completely innocent either.

sometimes your luck runs out.

Common

Established Member
From another forum.

"Aight, where to start. I live in the hood and we have street races here on Sundays. Its been going smooth for the past 2 years without any problems, thats good considering niccuhs here dont know how to act. Too many niccuhs in one spot = stupid shit. So until now, something stupid and VERY weird happened.

Two mustangs were racing for $5000. One fishtails and runs onto the curb, taking out a street light and hitting a guy that was fliming. Thats on video.

Now what happened OFF the camera is ****ed up, sad, and weird. After the accident, the driver was trying to take the injured guy to the hospital. The injured guy's homeboys, angry, refused his offer to help. The driver desperately tried to take the guy to the hospital. This is when the stupid shit starts. The injured guy's homeboys SHOT the ****in driver, WTF?! The injured guy died on the scene. All ****in pointless, now i feel bad for the guy standing on the side of the road, but DAMN you dont have to shoot the driver, as he's going to jail for Vehicular Homicide anyways. But that how Birmingham, Alabama is. Someone always getting shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg_GI_6kqwE

Oh, i didnt even know people had cars that fast in the hood until i started going out there =\

Despite all the extra weird shit that happened, street racing is gay. There are ALOT of tracks around here.

Damn *****s **** it up for black people"

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
wow idiots, so then you shoot him and dumo him off at a hospital, yet you wouldnt take the guy who got hit by the car first, makes no sense, this is where natural selection has failed, hopefully the law catches up with the shooter and he resits arrest and does somehting dumb, im sure alabama state troopers can give better justice than he will get in court

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
From another forum.

"Aight, where to start. I live in the hood and we have street races here on Sundays. Its been going smooth for the past 2 years without any problems, thats good considering niccuhs here dont know how to act. Too many niccuhs in one spot = stupid shit. So until now, something stupid and VERY weird happened.

Two mustangs were racing for $5000. One fishtails and runs onto the curb, taking out a street light and hitting a guy that was fliming. Thats on video.

Now what happened OFF the camera is ****ed up, sad, and weird. After the accident, the driver was trying to take the injured guy to the hospital. The injured guy's homeboys, angry, refused his offer to help. The driver desperately tried to take the guy to the hospital. This is when the stupid shit starts. The injured guy's homeboys SHOT the ****in driver, WTF?! The injured guy died on the scene. All ****in pointless, now i feel bad for the guy standing on the side of the road, but DAMN you dont have to shoot the driver, as he's going to jail for Vehicular Homicide anyways. But that how Birmingham, Alabama is. Someone always getting shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg_GI_6kqwE

Oh, i didnt even know people had cars that fast in the hood until i started going out there =\

Despite all the extra weird shit that happened, street racing is gay. There are ALOT of tracks around here.

Damn *****s **** it up for black people"

Thanks Common, I was hoping someone could post up more info on this. What forum was this from? and that guy is right, B-ham has a bad crime rate.

AMD[H]unter

Banned
I figured there would be black folks involved when I saw this was in B'ham. Good lord, what kind of "friends" did the guy that got run over have?! They just wanted to leave him to die. Idiots.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
I cant see the video wheile at work but will look at it when I get home.

This is a common phenomenon in the hood *driver in car accidentally hits somebody injuring/killing them and the neighborhood mob decends on the driver and kills and or beats the driver within an inch of their life*

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
you stand in the road, or on the side, anywhere down the road from the start, dont be surprised if you get hit :idea:

they probably were doing some "street justice" (gang style) for hitting they homie :kaboom:

stuff like this makes hipo car AND gun owners look bad. expect a huge crackdown in that area...

i cant believe they were doing organized street racing in the day time. ive never head of such a thing. not with that many people!

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
If your that ****ing stupid to stand where cars are flying past you where there is no protection then the percentages are good that you are one day going to get hit. Stupid mother****ers right there.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yes, because killing a family of four is much better than killing some idiot bystander who was fully aware of what might transpire anyway.:rollseyes

true, but then again most freeway runs are done in the wee hours with nobody on either horizon with multiple lanes :shrug: but then again, some people lack that kind of common sense and do stupid shit in 5pm rush hour traffic.

Common

Established Member
true, but then again most freeway runs are done in the wee hours with nobody on either horizon with multiple lanes :shrug: but then again, some people lack that kind of common sense and do stupid shit in 5pm rush hour traffic.

+1

Even then.

Plus, these two looked to be verry fast and doing it on the street was a perfect scenario for an accident.

Users who are viewing this thread