Melbourne Florida residents?

Common

Established Member
I may take a job in Melbourne FL this coming October, can anyone give me a little bit of first hand experience of the city and how is it to live there?

Would love to hear from the residents or someone that has family living there.

Safe neighborhoods, how is the city itself, etc etc?

PS. I am in my late 20's, married without children.

allister

Established Member
I had a job interview there a little over a year ago for one of the hospitals. It seemed like a decent area with stuff to do. I liked that it didn't seem too touristy, it was more residential feeling and not a lot of traffic, but you have 95 right there. I was really hoping I got the job, I wanted to move to FL more than anything and have a secure job before moving, but I didn't. I started my own business here now and still hoping to move to FL in a year or two. I would probably pick another area though with a little more stuff to do. City-data.com is a great source though for information, if you have any questions about the area definitely ask there if no one chimes in here

SVTCobraJon

Established Member
I grew up there and my parents and several very good friends still live there. Will send you a pm with my number if you want to talk.

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I use to live there when I was kid and visited a few times over the years. I'm probably going to piss some people off but you might be happier in Palm Bay or Cocoa area.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I had a job interview there a little over a year ago for one of the hospitals. It seemed like a decent area with stuff to do. I liked that it didn't seem too touristy, it was more residential feeling and not a lot of traffic, but you have 95 right there. I was really hoping I got the job, I wanted to move to FL more than anything and have a secure job before moving, but I didn't. I started my own business here now and still hoping to move to FL in a year or two. I would probably pick another area though with a little more stuff to do. City-data.com is a great source though for information, if you have any questions about the area definitely ask there if no one chimes in here

You think Melbourne has a touristy feel? Wait till you go to the cities.

Plus Sebring is not that far away if he likes to do the road courses!

Orlando is just a hop down the road without being stuck in a city. Tampa is not that far either.

Then the beaches along the east coast are nice, not super but nice enough.

The fishing lakes is what I love about lots of Florida, BASS haven and he will be right next to it all.

You can chose the schools for the kids to attend, even Charter Schools. Drugs are a part of living in FL, keep an eye on the kids but not to the point of paranoia. With tourism comes a bit of crime from the residents to the visitors, shop away from the beach areas (price gouging is not atypical).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread