Meguiar's NXT + Turtle Wax

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
Per the recommendation of a forum member from a Z06 site, I tried the Turtle Wax Platinum Series Ultra Gloss Detailer on top of the NXT wax for an even deeper wetter shine. I gave it a shot and whaddya know it's true, it's true!

See for yourself

4884DSC00094-med.jpg

4884DSC00093-med.jpg

4884DSC000951-med.jpg

4884DSC00131.jpg

4884sharpsideview-med.jpg

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
nxt is all i use, it is without the best on the market:beer:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by bbp42d
nxt is all i use, it is without the best on the market:beer:

:nono:

It's a decent product, but definitely not the best on the market by far

inteller

Established Member
Originally posted by Bryan-03

agreed....I was interested until I heard you CANNOT LAYER it...then I was like, **** that.

CobraTone

Established Member
Nice job!! :beer:

I have a bottle of NXT sitting in my garage, right by a bunch of bottles of different Zaino products. I was going to try the nxt to see all the hype because i haven't detailed my 04 yet. If it doesn't suit me, i'll go back to zaino for sure.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by Bryan-03

jmho, that is all. i guess zanio is the best:shrug:

inteller

Established Member
everything excels in a certain area....some excel in several areas. NXT contains microfine abrasional material to increase reflectivity and shine....but what the long term effects are who knows.

Zaino is 99% optically perfect, which allows for layering. If a person could put down 5000 layers of Zaino on top of each other, you could use it as a magnifying glass to read a book.

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
Seems like all threads mentioning something about waxing always degrade into a brand-x vs Zaino bash. I have used Zaino and find it to be a very good polish. Is NXT better? No. BUT it's not worse and in my opinion equal to the finish attainable by Zaino polishes. The clencher for me is that NXT is less expensive, readily available at all stores in my area and super, super super easy to apply/remove. So for me, to get the same quality for less money only makes sense.

AR

Scott P

Established Member
I don't think this thread has approached Zaino vs. The World level yet. Many Zaino people are brand loyal to a product that is very good. I would love to have loyalty like that to the stuff I sell. Although, Clearkote Crusaders or Poorboy's Paladins don't seem to have the same ring as Zaino Zealouts. :D

NXT is a very nice over the counter product. It hides swirls nicely, has a minor cleaning ability, and gives a very nice look to many finishes. At $15/bottle, it's tough to beat.

Zaino is a very good product. Its durability is unmatched and the shine is very good. I would take it over NXT if given the choice. However, I rarely factor in cost. Hell, I spent fifty something dollars on a jar of Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax. You think Zaino's cost would stop me? If cost was a factor, the gap would be much less.

inteller

Established Member
i notice a lot of people talk about the availability of Zaino when cost is not an issue. All you have to do is order it online and they will ship to you. Of course, I'm not the kind of guy that does a spur of the moment car detail and just want to run to the store to get something. A spur of the moment detail job will give you a spur of the moment looking car. Take that for what it's worth.

And if you apply it correctly, your Zaino should last you a LONG time. Heck I've had a bottle of Z-2 for almost 2 years now. I dunno If I'll ever go through a bottle of Z-1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread