Meguiars NXT or Gold Class?

03 VENOM

Established Member
Which is better,I've been using NXT but it doesn't last long.Should I put one coat of nxt on and top that with one coat of gold class?

OH and I have very minor swirl marks which nxt hides/gets rid of. :thumbsup:

white ghost

Established Member
NXT is a good wax, but none of the waxes nowadays will last very long. I would venture to say(and this will flamed) but turtlewax(original) is probably the longest lasting wax you can put on your car. Now granted I don't use it so don't take it like I'm telling you to. What I do is apply 2 coats of EAGLEONE Nano wax(love the way this stuff fills in minors imperfections) then I top it off with a coat of Meguiars NXT paste and buff it out. And in the the end you have a good level base wax and a great looking shine!
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?p=592391#post592391 then all you will have to do is wash it and still have a heck of a shine.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Scott P said:
If you are going to stick with an OTC product, skip Meguiar's and grab some Mothers Reflections.

I believe Scott knows his stuff but I disagree. Meguiars products are good stuff imo. I have been useing NXT and have decided that I love it. I have heard great stuff about GC over 2 layers of NXT. I havent tried that yet but I do use 2 layers of NXT. I have some GC layin around so I think I will try it soon...

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Mother's reflections is better than the meg's stuff you mentioned, but I wouldn't use either. Call Scott and get some real wax.

but none of the waxes nowadays will last very long
False. You can find waxes "nowadays" that last 6 months or more.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
I like mother's products.. but i find Meguiar's to be like the McDonalds of the detailing world. Hey try some Max Wax its on sale for 14.99 & its very similar to Natty's check out Autogeek

gb387

Established Member
Let me answer the question you asked.... I prefer Meguiars NXT both products you mentioned are good but I like NXT better.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Answering the original question is like answering "what should I kill myself with, a knife or a gun?" One might be better than the other for the task, but the point is that you shouldn't kill yourself...

Did that make sense? :D

Users who are viewing this thread