meguairs swirl removal

40thannstang

GOT TORQUE?
Established Member
has anybody used meguiars swirl removal/small scratches removal? did it work ? if it didnt what do yal recommend? :)

40thannstang

GOT TORQUE?
Established Member
Meguiars swirl removal and light scratch removal , its a black bottle kinda thing. cost around 8 or 10 dollars.

fullofvenom

Established Member
i tried scratchX. it worked until i washed it a few times.

i just used swirl remover 2.0 with an orbital buffer last weekend. it looks pretty good now, but I'll have to wait until its washed a few items to see if is a real cure or just window dressing.

what I've learned is, if its easy or cheap, its too good to be true.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Scratch X is in a toothpaste looking tube.

It works ok by hand, but has a lot of fillers in it as well. If you have a couple of really minor, ultra fine scratches that bug you, its ok. If you have patience and ape arms, you can go over the whole car with it, but be prepared to take a while.

gb387

Established Member
If you are doing it by hand ScratchX and a foam applicator is your best bet, it will take some time and lots of elbow grease.

----
Quote: Mike Phillips
To do this by hand with ScratchX, you need to,

* Apply to a small section at a time
* First Spread the ScratchX evenly over the area you're going to work (before working it in)
* Work the microscopic diminishing abrasives against the finish applying a little passion behind the applicator pad
* Repeat this process with multiple applications after first removing the residue from each application after working it against the finish
----

Then remove the ScratchX while it still damp, there is no need to let it dry. It will remove scratches when used properly.

#9 Swirl Remover 2.0 by hand isn't the best option, its a very gentle cleaner/polish...

Now if you are using a PC #80 Speed Glaze and a polishing pad is the way to go!

WHITE2000GT

Established Member
i have use scratchx on my car. applied by hand on the entire car. took alot of elbow grease. worked ok, got some swirls out but not all of em'. swirls were back after 2 washes. it covers them as someone posted earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread