Media are such liars!!!

usmcrebel

Established Member
LOL good one, how long do the Marines deploy for again? :beer: when we all get home.

7 month in country sometimes longer, b/c thats how long it takes us to gget the job done.

i'm down for a SVTP military meet up somewhere. won't happen, but it's a nice thought.

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
They are not lying they are pulling out COMBAT troops not SUPPORT troops, you are not a COMBAT troop so you can not count your self and say you are still here when you are not a COMBAT troop.

I'm attached to a combat unit... They not pulling out until Feb and that will be there 1 year mark so thats not pulling out. I'm attached to 1 combat unit and 2 combat units are attached to my unit... All I'm saying, is that the media need to tell the truth. I could go on and on about this subj

usmcrebel

Established Member
I'm attached to a combat unit... They not pulling out until Feb and that will be there 1 year mark so thats not pulling out. I'm attached to 1 combat unit and 2 combat units are attached to my unit... All I'm saying, is that the media need to tell the truth. I could go on and on about this subj

what constitues a combat unit to you?

ncpower08

Established Member
The media is full of bs we all know this to be fact. CNN are the biggest liers out there they say what the civilans want to hear. They don't relize that every time they talk s*** about us we are giveing them that right. I tell my family the truth and tell them if they want to watch the news to take everything with a grain of salt. There are some people out there dumb enough to belive that there are no more combat troops in Iraq any more. But the majority of the USA know that is bs. I hope. As for combat troops or support I am an infantry man and I do belive we work harder than most. But there are support that pull there fair share of the work. When we would spend weeks at a time out no shower, burnning poo, and sucking we still had support with us. But there are those POGS that sit on BIOP and Alasad all day stuffing there fat faces with Burger King three or four times a day. But when someone like me comes back to the FOB and I need a pay problem fixed they take there sweet ass time and give me attitude. Those are the ones we need to get rid of regardless of branch.

usmcrebel

Established Member
The media is full of bs we all know this to be fact. CNN are the biggest liers out there they say what the civilans want to hear. They don't relize that every time they talk s*** about us we are giveing them that right. I tell my family the truth and tell them if they want to watch the news to take everything with a grain of salt. There are some people out there dumb enough to belive that there are no more combat troops in Iraq any more. But the majority of the USA know that is bs. I hope. As for combat troops or support I am an infantry man and I do belive we work harder than most. But there are support that pull there fair share of the work. When we would spend weeks at a time out no shower, burnning poo, and sucking we still had support with us. But there are those POGS that sit on BIOP and Alasad all day stuffing there fat faces with Burger King three or four times a day. But when someone like me comes back to the FOB and I need a pay problem fixed they take there sweet ass time and give me attitude. Those are the ones we need to get rid of regardless of branch.

...there are no combat troops there. you are not in a combat role. your MOS might dictate your combat, but you are not actively going out haji hunting. If you are i highly reccommend you lie about it, i've got a huge problem with people saying stuff they're not supposed to say i've seen several thread saying "im billy dumbass, and im leaving for iraq to be stationed in XYZ in hutch number 12345 i arrive on 6 days ago from tomorrow" It drives me nuts.

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
Well you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, I to fly around in a blackhawk all day so I know what he does, but what people don't understand is the military separates jobs there are combat troops and combat support he happens to fall under combat support

why do you sound like such a condecending prick in the beginning of this response? way to start out your comment on a negative note~! after reading several posts from you this actually suprises me, i didnt think you were like that.

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
why do you sound like such a condecending prick in the beginning of this response? way to start out your comment on a negative note~! after reading several posts from you this actually suprises me, i didnt think you were like that.

sorry if I came off as a prick honestly I'am. Just have had a REALLY bad week.

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
sorry if I came off as a prick honestly I'am. Just have had a REALLY bad week.

thanks man, i appreciate that. i guess we all have our moments. i really dont understand how even though some guys are in combat situtations they arent classified as "combat troops". thats all i meant by my comment, and im in the military. i can see how this would be confusing for people that arent.

Last edited:

MurphinAintEasy

Established Member
I'm am 11B (Infantry) Sniper currently in Iraq and am not supposed to leave for another 11 months. My buddy asked me if I was still in Iraq on FaceBook, cause he heard all combat troops have been pulled out. I was like WTF? Combat troops are still here guys, but they just call them 'Aid and Assist' so....:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread