Media are such liars!!!

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
Well, I just got through reading a article on yahoo which talked about how the final combat troops are coming home. This is completely BS. How can the media dare say the last of troops are pulling out now. 1 I will be here for another 6 months, a unit will be replacing us which they might even stay a year or so. Secondly, a article in the ARMY TIMES is now saying they want troops in iraq until 2020. WTF... Iraqi army is saying they are not confident to take over their own country until 2020. Just makes me upset to read a article that the media puts out about the final troops coming home and knowing that military families feed off of BS like this. Not fair to them to read such a misleading article. lol its still a war even though they now tryna call it OPERATION NEW DAWN.... LMAO dumb ass media

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
The article I read said they were pulling all combat troops and that the remaining troops would be support for the Iraqi troops.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
go figure they always twist shit to sound better/worse than it really is. ****ing a holes

Thanks for your service.

yelostang

Established Member
I bet it's because the elections for the Senate are coming up and the Dems are afraid of losing their seats.

apache driver

Established Member
Well, I just got through reading a article on yahoo which talked about how the final combat troops are coming home. This is completely BS. How can the media dare say the last of troops are pulling out now. 1 I will be here for another 6 months, a unit will be replacing us which they might even stay a year or so. Secondly, a article in the ARMY TIMES is now saying they want troops in iraq until 2020. WTF... Iraqi army is saying they are not confident to take over their own country until 2020. Just makes me upset to read a article that the media puts out about the final troops coming home and knowing that military families feed off of BS like this. Not fair to them to read such a misleading article. lol its still a war even though they now tryna call it OPERATION NEW DAWN.... LMAO dumb ass media

I've been overhead covering all the boys heading south. We are likely transitioning into a very dangerous time for our "support" elements. God speed!

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
All the combat troops are leaving, all the combat missions are comming to an end. Like they said were just support now, no kicking down doors or doing night raids. I guess thats a good thing :shrug:

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
I've been overhead covering all the boys heading south. We are likely transitioning into a very dangerous time for our "support" elements. God speed!

Tell me about it. My unit flies every night in baghdad and up by kirkuk. I stay flying in the BlackHawks and doing missions north and south of Iraq... Just over a week I've hauled 14 detainees... I'm just irritated by alot. The kicking down the door thing has died down for a couple of years now. I've been on numerous missions where there will be a IED that blew up right near a FOB or COB and the Brigade would give A NO GO to all ground units and air support to provide security. Just yesterday I was told to stand down from a IED explosion outside of Tampa

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
Tell me about it. My unit flies every night in baghdad and up by kirkuk. I stay flying in the BlackHawks and doing missions north and south of Iraq... Just over a week I've hauled 14 detainees... I'm just irritated by alot. The kicking down the door thing has died down for a couple of years now. I've been on numerous missions where there will be a IED that blew up right near a FOB or COB and the Brigade would give A NO GO to all ground units and air support to provide security. Just yesterday I was told to stand down from a IED explosion outside of Tampa

They are not lying they are pulling out COMBAT troops not SUPPORT troops, you are not a COMBAT troop so you can not count your self and say you are still here when you are not a COMBAT troop.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
what about afghanistan? we drawing down in that shit-hole as well? nope. so this news is ****ing worthless. of course, obama did claim that troops will start leaving by july of 2011. nice. this way he can benefit his party come november, without really doing anything.

The full withdrawal of troops, the official said, will depend on conditions on the ground.

in response to the op's reference to the army's intentions- i read that we have an agreement with iraq in which we are required to remove all troops by january of 2012. anyone know more about this agreement?

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
They are not lying they are pulling out COMBAT troops not SUPPORT troops, you are not a COMBAT troop so you can not count your self and say you are still here when you are not a COMBAT troop.

a guy flying in a blackhawk helicopter over a hostile country is not a "combat" troop? if that isnt flying in a combat situtation then im not sure what is?

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
Well you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, I to fly around in a blackhawk all day so I know what he does, but what people don't understand is the military separates jobs there are combat troops and combat support he happens to fall under combat support

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Well you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, I to fly around in a blackhawk all day so I know what he does, but what people don't understand is the military separates jobs there are combat troops and combat support he happens to fall under combat support

Would you still be support if you were an Apache driver?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
yes...everything is in support of the grunt/infantryman

Not trying to be a smart ass, but. Take a tank (Guessing on terminology) battalion, goes into a situation to shoot other tanks to clear the way for infantry. Are they also support? Wouldn't it be the same for Apaches?

usmcrebel

Established Member
Not trying to be a smart ass, but. Take a tank (Guessing on terminology) battalion, goes into a situation to shoot other tanks to clear the way for infantry. Are they also support? Wouldn't it be the same for Apaches?

yep...the art of war has a few things on that kinda situation. why are the enemy tanks there? to kill the squishy's so you counter with armor to kill theirs so the us squishies aren't getting squished.

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
Apache pilots 153A/D are combat support, if you are not one of the following mos's you are combat SUPPORT
all 11 series
all 13 series
all 14 series
all 18 series
and 19 D/C
If you want to read more into it here are the links
U.S. Army Combat Arms Regimental System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_service_support]Combat service support - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_support]Combat support - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
This is the way the military breaks shit down, I cant tell you how many times I have taken fire over there. that still doesn't mean I'm in a COMBAT mos, so OP the media is NOT lying they are telling the truth you just haven't been in long enough to realize what you do.

usmcrebel

Established Member
Apache pilots 153A/D are combat support, if you are not one of the following mos's you are combat SUPPORT
all 11 series
all 13 series
all 14 series
all 18 series
and 19 D/C
If you want to read more into it here are the links
U.S. Army Combat Arms Regimental System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Combat service support - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Combat support - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is the way the military breaks shit down, I cant tell you how many times I have taken fire over there. that still doesn't mean I'm in a COMBAT mos, so OP the media is NOT lying they are telling the truth you just haven't been in long enough to realize what you do.

hmmph....i didn't think the army had combat troops :poke: :shrug:

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread