Mecum Auto Auction MORONS. 03/04 Cobra

skratpiece

Established Member
Anybody else see this? Watching Mecum Auto Auction today and a Redfire 03 Cobra comes through and as usual the commentators start describing it as a Cobra, they make mention of SVT, they praise the loads of horsepower that the cars came with and then one of the idiots starts going "I don't know why they didn't call this car a 10th anniversary edition". "Ya know I have a suspicion that is what Ford was doing with this car but they just didn't call it a 10th anniversary it seems like they were celebrating the 10th anniversary of the 1993 Cobra and I just don't know why they didn't call it a 10th anniversary". I'm sitting there watching saying to myself if only this moron knew that there was also a 10th anniversary Cobra produced.
It's nice to see Terminators being revered as collectible and rolling through a muscle car auction, but these morons need to get their facts straight. Last time I saw a terminator vert go throught Mecum it was the same story. They don't know shit from shinola. I think on that occasion he tried to validate the Cobra as a souped up GT. Very simple. SVT Cobra came with 3 options. Convertible, Spoiler, and Rim Finish. That's it. No engine combinations, no power upgrade, no accessory options, no strip down packages. Thats' it. These morons are so concerned with a Chevrolet and their stupid buildsheets and ,engine options and dealer packages that they can't even get their shit straight.

Last edited:

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I watched Mecum this morning for about an hour, must of missed that particular sale. Curious what it went for?

timbo3282

Established Member
It seems they get a major detail wrong on every other car that rolls through the show. It would take little work for the producers to print out a 1 page fact/detail/ car story for the cars to have the announcers prep with and have it for them to refer to so that the show wasn't so unwatchable. I hate to be negative but car guys know these things and it should be car guys with that gig.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
It seems they get a major detail wrong on every other car that rolls through the show. It would take little work for the producers to print out a 1 page fact/detail/ car story for the cars to have the announcers prep with and have it for them to refer to so that the show wasn't so unwatchable. I hate to be negative but car guys know these things and it should be car guys with that gig.

Unless it's a Corvette. Then they can tell you if it has been farted in.

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Looking through the auction results on their site (you have to create a login) I see a Redfire Vert for $13,250, with 77k miles. Looks decent enough, that's a good deal.

Naturesmistake

Established Member
Lol, Mecum has everything come through, from old C4 Vettes to S10 pick ups... Mecum has drivers, collectibles, modern cars etc. Just because it rolls through doesn't really mean much. They make mistakes all the time btw... I've cringed a few times while watching it. I think I remember a Terminator being called a suped up GT too lol. They do seem to have a chevy bias. They also sometimes over estimate classic HP levels. Still love Mecum though.

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
lol , give the guys a break. For them to know specifics about every single car that rolls through would be impossible.

The three guys who commentate really know 60's - 70's muscle very well....everything else they do a pretty good job with i think

Think about how many shows they do, how many cars roll through.....just the mere fact they were CLOSE is fine by me.

Users who are viewing this thread