Mechanics alt pigtail

whi tri

Established Member
MECHMAN NOT MECHANICS! I am trouble shooting my non charging issue and was trying to rule out the pigtail and somehow managed to pull the 2 wires out of the pigtail that goes into the alt. I really hope my maybe 1k mile alt didn't take a crap but it's looking that way. I have battery voltage at both wires but alt does nothing. And I noticed that my dash light also doesn't come on when you turn the key on.

Last edited:

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
I had a plug go bad on mine. Went from 13.5-14v to all the sudden 11v. I just took my plug apart and bent the prongs a tick and it now works properly again. This was on a 4g alternator. That should matter.

whi tri

Established Member
I must say that MECHMAN has great customer service and was more than helpful. My issue was pretty stupid because it was a ground problem. I just had everything powder coated and therefor lost my engine ground to turn on the fieldcoil...... Lesson learned

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Op did you end up going with there wire and fuse block upgrade?

whi tri

Established Member
No I didn't. I just did 4g to fuse box and 4g ground to sway bar bolt. Along with battery in trunk with 0g and full wire tuck. Sure is a lot of shit to get in the damn fender and tucked up nice and tight and still have the horns in there.

Users who are viewing this thread