Meaning Of DENSECHARGER in "UP" Position???

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
I have noticed a lot of folks are positioning the densecharger in the "up" position for better idle quality. What exactly does this mean and how do you do it? I would like to try it but I am unsure as to where the filter should go. :beer:

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Denso in the "up" position

Step 1: Disassemble the entire setup but you can leave the MAF connected to the upper tube
Step 2: Spray a mild lubricant onto the collar of the lower tube (the ring the filter was attached to)
Step 3: Using a hammer (preferably a rubber mallot) strike the ring in such a motion as you're striking away from the tube. Do this repeatedly around the ring and not so hard as to crack it. Eventually it'll come free
Step 4: Insert the ring into the end of the upper tube, tap it in until it seats
Step 5: Reinsert this piece into the fenderwell
Step 6: Attach Filter; position clamp so the screw faces down in the 9 'oclock position
Step 7: reattach the denso to the upper inlet tube

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
so basically I am throwing out one of the plastic pieces- the one that goes into the fenderwell?

ALA G8R

Banned
So getting rid of one of the two 90 degree bends helps in some applications. Has anyone tried getting rid of the other 90? Possible? This defeats the purpose of in-fender air, but it may solve some of the problems people are having.

Users who are viewing this thread