Me vs. vette

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
I was taking my friends for a ride in the cobra. One of them is 250+ pounds and another is around 180. I pulled out of the car meet parking lot and got on it. A yellow vette with a black stripe on the hood pulled up next to me 2 minutes later and did a good 'ol ricer fly by. :nono: So I get next to him and slow down to 50 and drop it in 2nd gear. He honks and we go and at the top of 2nd gear I had a good 2 cars on him. I'm guessing it was a C6 with bolt ons it def. wasn't stock. Then after I put a whoopin on him I tried to line up again and give him the hit but he ran away from me! :shrug: Every time I would start coming up on him he would just hammer on it and drive away. :lol1:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
yellow vette with a black stripe on the hood? LMFAO you raced a rental from hertz!!! they have an LS3 in them, they have the same BImode mufflers from the ZR1 so they are louder under throttle then normal driving. the hertz rental vette has 436hp regardless....nice kill op :)

on a sidenote, i would do the same thing if i had a rental vette :rockon:

Last edited:

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
Extremely good chance it was a rental if it was yellow with the black stripes.

What makes you feel it was not stock?

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
No it wasn't a rental i'm 100% sure this guy's daddy bought him the car and he goes to the local meets a lot. I'm not used to running LS2 C6's the guy I bought the cobra from bought a C6 LS3 after he sold me the cobra and put headers/cam/intake on it and I would beat him by a few lengths. But this guy was hangin with me pretty good but I did have 350+ extra pounds in the car.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
No it wasn't a rental i'm 100% sure this guy's daddy bought him the car and he goes to the local meets a lot. I'm not used to running LS2 C6's the guy I bought the cobra from bought a C6 LS3 after he sold me the cobra and put headers/cam/intake on it and I would beat him by a few lengths. But this guy was hangin with me pretty good but I did have 350+ extra pounds in the car.

did the vette you saw have chrome wheels? its rare that a vette owner would want his car painted like the rental. i say hands down you raced a rental vette, back when the shelby GT350H was offered from them i would see them all the time at the track and they would run 13.8's thats how they got their nicknames as rental racers......same wit this new vette, then once they reach 13K miles hertz sells them to the public i still see the GT350H's sell for 20K+

IT IS HOWEVER clear to me that you did run a LS3 vette and since you had 350lbs extra on you on top of your normal car weight it makes since the guy hanged with you........its like me running a smart car in my truck while i'm towing a boat, my truck can do 0-60 in about 7 flat and a smart car does 0-60 in 14, but while towing a boat with 4 of my friends in the truck that lil smart car is gonna look fast compared to me.......get my point?

my last thing i have to say is if you say the guy goes to meets a lot, take a pic of the vette then. i know there is a member on here with a C5 Z06 thats yellow with a black stripe on the hood and it looks clean as hell, i however would not want a C6 thats yellow to have a black stripe on the hood because then everyone will think its a rental

Last edited:

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
corvette.jpg

If it looked like this it was a rental lol

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
it was def the rental one. So his daddy bought him one of these and he doesnt know its from hertz? They did sell for pretty cheap though...nice kill none the less

Quik Z06

Established Member
I'm not used to running LS2 C6's the guy I bought the cobra from bought a C6 LS3 after he sold me the cobra and put headers/cam/intake on it and I would beat him by a few lengths.

Wait you make 450ish whp and you beat an LS3 with headers, cam and an intake? An LS3 with those mods should pull you IMO :poke:

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
I dk bout that one sir. That guy over at strictly performance (wally i think is his name) has a cammed ls3. I was up there gettin dynoed in November and all the guys were giving 2 other employees a hard time cuz they lost to his vette. Both had kb cobras. 450ish should slightly pull ls2s with an average driver, my brother owns one.

Last edited:

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
The vette I raced doesn't have those wheels and it doesn't have stripes all the way back just on the hood and it doesn't really look like that stripe. I could be wrong. I get what you mean Grant. And yes i'm making around 450/510 and I beat the guy with the LS3. I'm not 100% sure it had a cam but I saw a comp cam box at his house back when he started modding the vette so I figured it had one. I know for sure he had intake/full exhaust. But my numbers (450/510) were back when my motor was just finished and wasn't broken in yet. I think my friend say he was making around 430rwhp so probly didn't have a cam.

Last edited:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
hmmm must have been a headers/intake/tune C6 LS3 with a bent pushrod. And it surely didn't have a cam. It sounds like it was very much a headers/intake/tune C6 LS2.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Nope the motor was perfect and it was an LS3. It didn't have a cam now that I remember but it DID have headers/full exhaust/intake/tune. At the 1/4 mile it would just be whoever got the better launch but a a 50mph roll I would take him.
EDIT: Here is a pic
vette.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread