Me vs. T67 Supra

1.8t

Established Member
My old car club had a meet the other weekend and one of the guys had a T67 Supra. The car has all supporting mods including cams and a stand alone AEM engine management system. On pump gas he made ~525whp and has managed a [email protected] on 93oct. He and I got a few runs in towards the end of the meet and my buddy threw them into this short compilation video he made from the meet.

Note, the races of he and I begin mid vid-ish.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjjJjOU-v-A"]YouTube- FOG 2009b[/ame]

The runs were from ~60 to ~145ish. You will notice no honking...thats because if we went off a 3 honk start, I would jump way out on him since he couldn't reach full boost right off the hit(even with brake boosting....it isn't a ball bearing turbo). So, I let him brake boost and when I heard him get off the brakes and got WOT, I would hit the gas. This usually ended up with me hitting the throttle right as he reached full boost and made for one hell of a race.

Last edited:

youlose

Established Member
Sweet Z but lose the Apsis splash guards! They don't look right and you don't want anything on your car from that thieving piece of shit Jersey that runs Apsis. Have you checked to see if they've worn through your paint yet?

Clear Bra is your friend.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Might get flamed for this, but I think it's sad that you waited to hear his turbo build boost. If he cannot brake boost the car properly, or can not build enough boost doing so, then his car is not set up correctly.

Either way props to you and thats one nice Z.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Good runs! At least no one can say that you didn't give him every advantage possible.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
nice runs, love those Zs. I noticed in your sig you used to have a cammed ls3 c6 making about the same hp as your lightly modded Z06...so is the z slightly faster then your old ride?

1.8t

Established Member
Sweet Z but lose the Apsis splash guards! They don't look right and you don't want anything on your car from that thieving piece of shit Jersey that runs Apsis. Have you checked to see if they've worn through your paint yet?

Clear Bra is your friend.

No way man. Clear bra isn't an option because it always peels off and I havent had a rock chip since I put them on. Mine have a rubber strip on them, so no paint scratching and the fit is perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread