Me vs. silverstang00

DC97Cobra

Established Member
Well after a couple pms going back and forth with silverstang, we got together this evening to see how my Cobra would do against his modded Camaro SS. We meet up and talk a lil bit about the cars and what mods were done. His mods are listed in his sig. Well after a few minutes of talking, we decide to go out and see how they do.

We got a total of 5 runs in. We started around 40/50mph. Silverstang was doing the honking. After the third honk, we floored it and stayed pretty even till his car shifted. I would be in third and would start to pull on him when is car went to third. I would shift to 4th and he would catch up a little bit until I started getting higher into the RPM. Out of the 5 runs, I won a total of 3. Two of the runs where he won needed a driver mod on my end. I missed 3rd both times. There was another run that I didn't count due to me jumping on the 2nd honk. The fastest we went was about 125. The farthest I could get ahead was about 3/4 of a car length or so. I couldn't see his car when looking over but couldn't see his headlights either.

I will admit, I was expecting to lose. The races were very close and think I would have lost if we started from a dig due to how his car is modified. It was great meeting him and can hopefully redeem my poor shifting skills another time. Good runs and beautiful Camaro SS as well! :thumbsup:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Cars were a really good race. We were even till your Cobra went to third which is where you started to pull, and the once you were in fourth I was able to creep back up. Every race was 1/2 car to 3/4 car in your favor.

Definitely fun, I hardly ever to get run anymore. You have a strong running Cobra Dan thats for sure. We will get together again for some more runs some time. Maybe we can get a dig race in.

DC97Cobra

Established Member
Good runs.

I'm also surprised about the outcome. I thought he would win by 1.5 cars

+1

When we get a chance to run again from a dig, I'm willing to bet that he will have a length or two on me if he grabs traction. I'm scared to death of breaking the rear in my car so I know that I'm going to baby it off the line.

BayareaSS

Established Member
+1

When we get a chance to run again from a dig, I'm willing to bet that he will have a length or two on me if he grabs traction. I'm scared to death of breaking the rear in my car so I know that I'm going to baby it off the line.

That may be the case but it sounds like the cobra runs strong

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
That may be the case but it sounds like the cobra runs strong

It does for sure. The only 2 4valves that I personally can compare Dan's car to is a friend of mine that had a 99 Cobra, and my other good friend that had an 04 5speed Mach. His car seems stronger than both of those cars having about the same boltons. Especially taking into account he is still on the stock 3.27's.

Last edited:

Jamie R.

Established Member
Sounds like ya'll had a good time!! Pm me where you guys were meeting up at because I would like to meet up with you guys sometime!!!

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

Users who are viewing this thread