Me vs M5

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
Anyone ever ran against an 06 + BMW M5? Let me start by saying that these cars are absolutely quick from a dig or roll depending on which mode you're in. I raced my buddy and here are the two outcomes

03 Mach 1 (Me): Stock w/ the exception of K&N drop in, Bassani X, Magnaflow CB and Bama 93R tune.
06 M5: Stock (507 hp)

Race 1: He's in the 400hp mode and we go from a 20 roll. We were even from the start, but I started to pull on him and once I did, I beat him by 1.5 car length. Shocked and with a grin on my face, I said let's try from a dig and see what happens. We go on 3 and I pulled him by about a car, give or take.

Race 2: He puts it in the M-mode and we go from a 40 roll. As soon as we honk off, he literally started to pull on me and the end results were pretty bad to say the least . There was no catching up for me. Now we go from a dig and I lost traction in 3rd gear and I get dragged badly again. All in all, these cars (M5) are pretty damn fast, but surprisingly slow when it's not in M-Mode. He's raced Porches, bottled Holden G8's, 5.0's etc, and beat em all. With that said, I will take my Mach's win vs the 400hp mode M5 :thumbsup:

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Good non-M mode kill. They are pretty quick especial the 560 hp M5 F10 I have a video of me beating one with a bolt-on 5.0. Lol the guy was pretty pissed, but it's definitely fun to find one that will play.

jbs$

Established Member
There are two of these guys in my neighborhood, both, as you point out are sore losers. Both see themselves as take all comers roll racers, from about 50 to 130.

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
You lost traction in 3rd gear with a basically stock Mach?? Are you running dummy spares on the back?

I can't seem to get traction from the Nittos I'm running. But that's only from a dig and not roll

There are two of these guys in my neighborhood, both, as you point out are sore losers. Both see themselves as take all comers roll racers, from about 50 to 130.

I thought I was the only who knew someone who wants to race anything on wheels :nonono: Buddy called out a lambo, but luckily the owner said no

Good non-M mode kill. They are pretty quick especial the 560 hp M5 F10 I have a video of me beating one with a bolt-on 5.0. Lol the guy was pretty pissed, but it's definitely fun to find one that will play.

Haha that's awesome and bolt on coyotes are a lot of fun.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
V10 M5s are cool cars, but they're about even with a tune only manual transmission 5.0 from a roll. they were a beast back in the day though

HandBanana

Established Member
The first gen v10 M5s were dogs. Not hard to embarass in a bolt-on Cobra or 5.0. The newest biturbo V8 M5 is a monster. Just a tune nets 600whp.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
V10 M5s are cool cars, but they're about even with a tune only manual transmission 5.0 from a roll. they were a beast back in the day though
If you ask me, a luxury sedan being as fast (or faster?) as a 302 Boss is still a beast.

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member

Yeah, they're quick, but heavy. 5.0's are another story for an NA car, lol

The first gen v10 M5s were dogs. Not hard to embarass in a bolt-on Cobra or 5.0. The newest biturbo V8 M5 is a monster. Just a tune nets 600whp.

No doubt. Love how these coyotes respond to simple bolt-ons.

If you ask me, a luxury sedan being as fast (or faster?) as a 302 Boss is still a beast.

I'm not really into them, but they're pretty quick for such a heavy car. Would love to have Boss302... someday

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member

The M5 F10 is comfortable, but too heavy to be a monster at 600 rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread