Me VS. Cammed WS6

BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE

Built Up Tension!
Established Member
were in the servic road in Mesquite. He was in a White WS6 that had a hard lope. He also had many guages on his pillar and dash so not sure if he was running the bottle but I doubt it as story follows.

We went from a 40 roll :nono: several times! id say about 5-6. each time was the same result naturally. i pulled the shit out of him. but this guy kept coming back up to my door and pairring up again. :shrug: so i was on my way home so i said what the heck. It might have been a good race with a stock Cobra. No way he was running the bottle. :burn: felt good schooling him tho.

RealQuick

Established Member
BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE said:
were in the servic road in Mesquite. He was in a White WS6 that had a hard lope. He also had many guages on his pillar and dash so not sure if he was running the bottle but I doubt it as story follows.

We went from a 40 roll :nono: several times! id say about 5-6. each time was the same result naturally. i pulled the shit out of him. but this guy kept coming back up to my door and pairring up again. :shrug: so i was on my way home so i said what the heck. It might have been a good race with a stock Cobra. No way he was running the bottle. :burn: felt good schooling him tho.

Good kill. I dig the reflective "cobra" lettering in the back.

titaniumSS

Established Member
Good kill, wondering about that WS6 though....but man do i love that color and the inserts!

BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE

Built Up Tension!
Established Member
98Snake03 said:
what are your numbers?

man, i have only had it at the track 3 time. 1st time, 1st run i broke a 1/2 shaft! 2nd time i ran a 12.33 @ 120, 3rd time my diff cap cracked and sprayed grear oil all over my tires and i spun through 4th and just gave up. hope that helps.

Machinator

Banned
BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE said:

Nice way to school GM.

titaniumSS

Established Member
BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE said:
not sure what you mean? wonder about what?

An LS1 with a hard lope and your stock and beat it, i have a feeling he was on a bad tune or couldn't drive, maybe his gears were stock and he had too big of cam. I don't know, it just doesn't really add up, my cam loped hard and i put down ~415 rwhp/ ~380 rwtq, that was tied in with 4.10's and bolt ons. You must be a pretty good driver :thumbsup:

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
Look at his mods... He is not stock by any means. He said that it would be a good race for a stock Cobra

BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE

Built Up Tension!
Established Member
brasil said:
Look at his mods... He is not stock by any means. He said that it would be a good race for a stock Cobra

Exactly! I am almost 500 fptq at the wheels! Nothing stock about my car. but :beer: to you both! Jay

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
Going by your 120 mph trap speeds you should not have a problem taking down most stock headed cammed LS1's. Your average cam only cars trap 114-118mph depending on setups and they can be from mild to wild. Nice Kill BTW!

titaniumSS

Established Member
BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE said:
Exactly! I am almost 500 fptq at the wheels! Nothing stock about my car. but :beer: to you both! Jay

My bad! Didn't even notice that you had mods! lol i thought you said you cobra was stock, good kill and your car is amazing! :rockon:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Ryan02SS said:
Going by your 120 mph trap speeds you should not have a problem taking down most stock headed cammed LS1's. Your average cam only cars trap 114-118mph depending on setups and they can be from mild to wild. Nice Kill BTW!

Yea if your trapping 120 your going to pull most cam only cars. My car traps about 115 with my cam, but its a nitrous cam and should run 125+ with the 150 shot. Nice car!

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
Yea if your trapping 120 your going to pull most cam only cars. My car traps about 115 with my cam, but its a nitrous cam and should run 125+ with the 150 shot. Nice car!

Off topic but why did you dump the cobra off?

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
idk, the top of the line cams that are streetable in a LS1 liek the magic stick and Trex have done over 420rwhp and the guy at my track had a stalled auto car with a magic stick and he trapped 117-118. a manual car might go 119-120. Trex cam and tune should be close to 120.

titaniumSS

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
idk, the top of the line cams that are streetable in a LS1 liek the magic stick and Trex have done over 420rwhp and the guy at my track had a stalled auto car with a magic stick and he trapped 117-118. a manual car might go 119-120. Trex cam and tune should be close to 120.

I had the magic stick cam, never got to go to the track though, but the trex you need a little modifying to make it work with the engine. 4.10's are a must of course, and then i believe there may be some flycutting required.

Users who are viewing this thread