me vs. c5 zo6

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
tonight!!!!ill post up the video when i upload it...what do you guys think ...my mods are in sig and he is a stock z06 just lowered and a good driver...

95PGTTech

Established Member
z06 if you have anything less than a 100 shot. with said 100+ shot, you better go from a dig, keep it from getting to the top end, and launch like you're trying to rip the wheel studs off

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
yeah i have a 125 shot.....yeah ima go from a low rollll. or out the hole we will see ill post it up either way.:beer: they are monsteres up top though we will see.wish me luck

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
You better have a full/hot bottle, or it doesn't look good for ya dude. lol.

For real though, it should be a good race.

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
if we go out of the hole i know for sure i will win i can launch the shit out of my car...but from a roll im worried a little.but ima try my best!!!

95PGTTech

Established Member
yeah other than being monsters up top, his aero is going to completely screw you. you're going to feel like you're driving a dump truck up top

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
You should be good, i was neck and neck with a termy from 40 to 110mph with a 90 dry shot. I dont know what mods he had, but deffinetly a magnapack c/b and probly an intake. Im pretty sure you should be at least next to him. You maight want to throw 1 step colder plugs in, as it will help you from knocking and losing most of the power you just gained from the nitrous.

SVTLo

SVT Poster
Established Member
i already have the colder plugs...yeah but ..as much as i hate to say it vette power is totally different then mustang power...those things reallly are monsters....a stock zo6 will walk on a cobra with with intake and exhaust.

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
dooh wrng thing again. yeah like i said above i already have colder plugs..i wil also run a c6 with exhuast intake and a tune tonight..it dynoed at 385rwhp.

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
yeah im pretty anxious....they have been talkin mad shit...so we will seee. the c6 want to go out the hole...so thats good and the z06 only from a 50 roll.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Those c5 Z06 are really overrated. I mean there fast and all but, from a dig you should own him if youve got some good tires. Not that this has anything to do with it but in my talon i was half a car behind a procharged vette with alky injection. My car ran consistant low 12's. Good luck and show that vette what a sn95 with a 125 shot can do!
Do you have the stock gears still?

GR40Snake

Chief Financial Officer
Established Member
A few years back I drove up on a c5z06 on the road course at Cal Speedway and ended up passing him. They came w/ 405hp, what's that 345rwhp? I put down 291rwhp. They are quick, but not c6z06 quick. Good Luck!
:pop:

sighwest

Established Member
Okay, I'm not trying to bring anyone or our cars down, but you guys really think he has a chance against a c5 Z06? Forgive my ignorance, but isn't the 0-100 time on those things like 8 seconds? 11s in the quarter? Is this with stock gears?! I never imagined being able to hang with one. Okay, hang on...that's the older z06 right? What are the numbers on those?

Users who are viewing this thread