Me VS Audi R8 !!

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
Hey guys, I am new to the board and just wanted to say hi and tell you a short story. I really like this board and I think there are many great cars on here. I am a car enthusiast and admire many different cars.

While driving home from work the other night I noticed some very blue and interesting lights coming up behind me pretty fast. I am in my 2008 LS3 Corvette Z51 with NPP exhaust and a Vararam intake. The car gets real close to my bumper and then cuts over to the left lane pacing me. I have my V1 on and I usually do not see many cops on this road so I figured what the hell. The guy was beeping REALLY fast, not like a normal three beeps and lets go so he confused the hell out of me :uh oh: I was waiting for him to go and as soon as I saw his front end lift slightly I dropped the hammer and just stayed on it till about 130. I Had at least 3 cars on him and was still pulling hard when I let off. The Audi went flying by me and never stopped !! He was still driving VERY fast when I had to take my exit approaching. A thumbs up would have been cool but whatever :shrug:

I love my car, I have had it for about 6 months now and got rid of my C5 Z06 for my LS3 and not one regret. This is my second real kill in the car, the first being a beautiful Ferrari 360 Mondena a few months back. Right now my car is at the shop getting a Paxton Novi 2200 blower, alky kit, and Long tube headers. I should get her back in a week or so and I am sooooo looking forward to the results!! Anyway I love Mustangs and this board also and I hope to enjoy your guys company for some time. Thanks :beer:

Chris

Common

Established Member
Those cars are WAY overpriced, for 150k there is PLENTY of cars to be had with the same rarity factor and with a lot more than 420hp to them. Great kill.

97cobra1

Established Member
This thread is worthless wihtout pics... of your vette. Welcome to the board man. Just another vette guy in the SVTP world.

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
Not to piss in your Wheaties on two counts:

1) Unless a high school kid was driving daddy's car, I don't see an R8 owner honking off anything.
2) I paced one the other day, and he didn't walk away from me...granted afterwards my trannsmission wouldn't stay in O/D, but that's besides the point.

With that said, nice car, nice kill, and welcome to SVTP.

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
sweet kill!

keep us posted with the updates to your car and the new numbers!!

...and dont forget the pics!

welcome! :beer:

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
Not to piss in your Wheaties on two counts:

1) Unless a high school kid was driving daddy's car, I don't see an R8 owner honking off anything.
2) I paced one the other day, and he didn't walk away from me...granted afterwards my trannsmission wouldn't stay in O/D, but that's besides the point.

With that said, nice car, nice kill, and welcome to SVTP.

Ironically I thought the same thing. I hate thinking that about people though because when I was 19 and had my C5 Corvette I would get the "is that your daddys car bs quite often" It was annoying and I try not to be a hipocrit and think it about others. The kid was quite young, he looked younger than me (I'm 27) so who knows if it was his or not. Either way I can care less, another win for the LS3 :banana:

Riceater52910

Established Member
Ya probally his dads car those go for about 120 grand. Cant say they're overpriced because plenty of people dish out the cash for em, people with that kind of money dont care as much about value.

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
Yes def!! Vids and pics to come after I get it back. Any KB termis or any nice cars from the board in my area? Bergen county New Jersey? My brother use to have a nice Saleen but he sold it. I have no friends to cruise with anymore : ( LOL

primetime

Established Member
Nice kill! I beat one a few months back... didn't get to those speeds though.

Common, They can be had for much less than that..... and the handle very very well. As I am sure you know they are not strt line cars. Still probably not worth the cash. later Ron

XtraTQ

Established Member
Nice kill. Looking forward to seeing pics/vids of the Vette!

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
Ironically I thought the same thing. I hate thinking that about people though because when I was 19 and had my C5 Corvette I would get the "is that your daddys car bs quite often" It was annoying and I try not to be a hipocrit and think it about others. The kid was quite young, he looked younger than me (I'm 27) so who knows if it was his or not. Either way I can care less, another win for the LS3 :banana:

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread