Me vs. 500HP 94 Cobra

98gt281

Established Member
My little brothers freind just got a 490RWHP 94 Cobra. I am not sure all what it has, but here is the basic set-up. Forged 306, ported GT40's, custom cam(sounds GOOOD), edelbrock intake, full bolt ons and a S-Trim at with a 2.95 pulley (?psi). My car is ur basic cam/bolt-on LS1. The run was from 45-130 or so, he JUSt got the car so im sure he will learn to drive better, he shifted clean though, might even be a rematch tonight. We had one other run and it was dead even from 30-130, but my dumbass freind who you can hear in the video didnt get it on film! :cuss: Enjoy..

http://media.putfile.com/Cammed-SS-vs-Blown-Cobra

Here is a full mod list for the Cobra... http://classifieds.stangnet.com/sho...&cat=18&page=15

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
:bs:

A car with another 100rwhp would have walked you all day long from a roll. From the mods that you listed 490 for that thing sounds a bit high.

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
Neighbor down the street has a similar setup only a Procharger at 9psi. He's only making 370ish rwhp. I doubt the 490rwhp that's claimed. There's only one way to find out though. Nice Kill!

Adding a ported TB & ASP pulley to your setup will net you 10-15rwhp gain for $200 invested and you'll be close to 400rwhp. FYI

98gt281

Established Member
93 347 Cobra said:
:bs:

A car with another 100rwhp would have walked you all day long from a roll. From the mods that you listed 490 for that thing sounds a bit high.
Sorry bud, you are wrong. His car has EXACTLY what I said and makes exactly the power I said. I really don't feel like turing this into some BS thread arguing about numbers so Im not gonna get into it. Like I said, it is a HCI 306 with full exhaust (LT's, ORH, Flows) and a V2 SQ@10 psi. Beleive what you want. Like I said, he JUST got the car and Im sure he will learn to drive it better. The race was from my sweet spot in 2nd gear :coolman:

98gt281

Established Member
Ryan02SS said:
Adding a ported TB & ASP pulley to your setup will net you 10-15rwhp gain for $200 invested and you'll be close to 400rwhp. FYI
LS6, Ported TB and ASP Pulley will be on the car soon, just got it about a week ago.

BoostedToy

Established Member
Ryan02SS said:
Neighbor down the street has a similar setup only a Procharger at 9psi. He's only making 370ish rwhp. I doubt the 490rwhp that's claimed. There's only one way to find out though. Nice Kill!

I too find it hard to believe that the setup in the initial post would net nearly 500rwhp. I think I know the person you are speaking of, and I think his is running 8-9 and was pulling 365-375 or so a few years ago. My friend with a built 331 (more displacement) and AFR 185's (better heads, regardless of how much the GT40's were hogged out) while running 12psi(more boost) with a P1SC (flows more than a SQ). It was making 485-500rwhp, depending on how aggressive the tune was.

Last edited:

98gt281

Established Member
BoostedToy said:
I too find it hard to believe that the setup in the initial post would net nearly 500rwhp. I think I know the person you are speaking of, and I think his is running 8-9 and was pulling 365-375 or so a few years ago. My friend with a built 331 and AFR 185's while running 12psi with a P1SC. It was making 485-500rwhp, depending on how aggressive the tune was.
The car was in San Antonio, the listing with all the mods is posted above if you wanna look at it, so unless the guy was strait up lying it makes 500HP.

BoostedToy

Established Member
98gt281 said:
The car was in San Antonio, the listing with all the mods is posted above if you wanna look at it, so unless the guy was strait up lying it makes 500HP.

I don't doubt 500hp. I do doubt 500rwhp though.

98gt281

Established Member
BoostedToy said:
I don't doubt 500hp. I do doubt 500rwhp though.
All I can say is look at the page with the mods, I don't know shit about the car really, he just got it. Plus I am no 5.0 expert, looking at the setup I dont see why it couldnt make 500.

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
LS6, Ported TB and ASP Pulley will be on the car soon, just got it about a week ago

Awww man, I didn't see you were still running the LS1 intake. I personally saw a guy make 18rwhp with an LS6 intake over his LS1 with a TR230 cam after the tune was done. So with those mods you'll feel a big difference, especially on the big end.

98gt281

Established Member
Ryan02SS said:
Awww man, I didn't see you were still running the LS1 intake. I personally saw a guy make 18rwhp with an LS6 intake over his LS1 with a TR230 cam after the tune was done. So with those mods you'll feel a big difference, especially on the big end.
Yea I know, with the TB and LS6 it should open it up, alot of guys said that 385 with the ls1 was pretty stong, I am hoping for 410+ after the intake TB and pulley.

delmarsteelers

Established Member
I cannot understand these races.........A car with at least a 100 hp less from a roll wins by 3 cars, and maybe the SS weighs 200 pounds less. I am not sure.

So from watching the video I think the cobra has a lot less hp than stated. Anyone can write how much they think the car has but the truth is in the DYNO SHEETS! Pull them out.
Good win for the SS.

98gt281

Established Member
The Cobra got jumped by the SS in 2nd gear, after the initial pull was over the SS never moved away from the Cobra again, in fact the Cobra was creeping up but ran out of time (130mph). Like i said, we ran again from 30 ( both cars in 2nd) and it was dead even to 130, he is a 18 year old kid and is just learning to drive the car, he will get better.

DJHass00GT

Banned
lol funny post eveyone who think that 98gt281 is b/sing about the cobra mods. , I was in the car with him (the one who is loud in the car). My opion is that the cobra wasnt drivin as hard as it should of. Dont think the corba shifited aswell. after the race the cobra's belt broke for his pullies. so that all i have to sey

98gt281

Established Member
Yea, the Cobras acc belt got shreded after the last race, but we got it all fixed up quick, still don't know hown the hell the acc belt got jacked up, the blower belt was just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread