me vs 02 z28 vs Z06?!!!

QuikGT

Banned
So im going down 183 from dallas from a night at deep ellum and a few friends are playing around....a buddy of mine has an 02 z28 w some exhaust, lid, and a tune....were playing around and stick door to doorfrom a 40 till we hit about 90 where i start an ever so slow pull (surprised cuz im rollin 3 deep!)....shut it down around 110 bc of traffic.....we go again (when traffic permits) and same results but around 100 i notice a red; very loud Z06 coming up fast behind....were still going and this Z06 passes like were sitting still...w out a doubt the fastest accelerating car that was street legal ive ever seen above 120mph! Must have been in a hurry cuz he kept going ---couldnt even give him the thumbs up. Later found out that it was a friend the guy in the z28 and was a lingenfelter vette!!! :bowdown:

Just happy i even got to see one smoke me!

Last edited:

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
You're running 8.0 @ 92 in the 1/8th without a power adder. How the hell?

What'd you dyno at? It couldn't be higher than 275rwhp with the listed mods.

QuikGT

Banned
not all mods listed....but i was hoping for around 330-340 rwhp ( havent dynoed in a while).....also 75mm tb,weight reduction mods, pullies, ported heads, mild cam,tune, etc......tuned by Meyers Performance. BTW ur cobra is sweet, Steeda30.

Last edited:

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
QuikGT said:
not all mods listed....but i was hoping for around 330-340 rwhp ( havent dynoed in a while).....also 75mm tb,weight reduction mods, pullies, ported heads, mild cam,tune, etc......tuned by Meyers Performance. BTW ur cobra is sweet, Steeda30.

That explains alot because that LS1 should be puttting down around 320-330 rwhp.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
QuikGT said:

:D :D I gotcha, yea I was thinking, man that is flying for a bolt on GT! I ran a 8.11 @ 92 with 455rwhp. But I also weigh about 800 lbs more than you though. :( Badass GT, I bet it has a sweet sounding idle :rockon:

QuikGT

Banned
Steeda30 said:
:D :D I gotcha, yea I was thinking, man that is flying for a bolt on GT! I ran a 8.11 @ 92 with 455rwhp. But I also weigh about 800 lbs more than you though. :( Badass GT, I bet it has a sweet sounding idle :rockon:

it sounds pretty good...but the lope is probably a little more tame than ur expecting. im also running at Kennedale pretty much sea level and a good track....stock cobras run 7.8s out there from what ive seen.

Ill trade ya! :beer:

Last edited:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Good kill and rare death. I'd like to see one of those Lingenfelters myself.

Users who are viewing this thread