Me versus the IRS.

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
I ended up owing money this year and it was fairly substantial so I decided to do four payments which is an option they give. I've made the first two and they cashed them but I got a certified letter stating they may have to take my soul and everything I care about if I dont pay up. I have copies of the two cashed checks so I think this is one department not talking to the other. The hotline has no record of me paying anything at all. The only prolem is getting ahold of an actual human being to take care of this.

I'm going to talk with my Tax Advocacy Agent today and try to get this resolved.

This is the second time this has happened to me.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
You vs. the IRS =
Tourist02-vi.jpg

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Doesn't it seem like the same deal with all government agencies? You want money from them, they drag ass. They want money from you, they are on your ass like dung beetles on sh*t balls.

jk03cobra

Established Member
When I first read the title for this thread I was expecting to see pictures of broken half shafts or an exploded differential. Your problems unfortunately are with a much worse IRS. Hope it works out for you.

Rochard

Established Member
The IRS is impossible to deal with.

My salary in 2001 more than tripled, and I got a $10k bonus that wasn't taxed. The next year I again owed a huge amount of money.

This last Valentine's Day the IRS slammed me into a wall. They put lien on my house, and garnished my wages until the point where I would be making $1200 a month (less than my house payment). How in the world the IRS has the right to do this is beyond me; This would have put in bankruptcy in less than two or three months.

Instead of paying them I sunk all of my money into an attorney with the primary goal of stopping the garnishment, and was able to stop them from taking nearly all of my wages. We refianced our house to pay off the IRS, and also came into some money due to a death in the family and my brother also decided to pay off some money he had borrowed from me two year prior.

But that wasn't the end of my IRS problems. We were short on our final payment by six cents and the IRS seems to have the legal right to fine us for this - to the tune of $1200. I was six cents short on my final payment and they fined me $1200. So now I'm fighting this, and it's gonna cost me at least $1200 in attorney fees. However, I'd rather have it go to my attorney than the IRS.

xl2ockl3ottomx

Established Member
sharkbite1979 said:
You vs. the IRS =
Tourist02-vi.jpg

let me guess, the irs is suppose to be the guy holding the hat. right? dam those bastards, they and the state of va take nearly a 1/4 of paycheck every two weeks.

we need taxes and government, but we dont need all the programs that help take money from people that bust their ass all day for barely anything and give it to someone who wont go get a job.

a former neighbor of mine is 27. shes on welfare now because she has 4 kids by 4 different guys. none of them pay her child support because they dont have jobs, they wont get a job and keep it. its a travesty that the us, tax payers, have to take car of that bitch, her four kids, and their worthless dads because she wouldnt keep her ****ing legs closed.

sorry i kinda got off subject, taxes and the greedy irs burn my ass up.

by the way: im not completely against welfare. if someone needs help finding a job, im all for helping them. but i cant stand worthless people, who are perfectly capaible of working, leeching off the rest of society.

Last edited:

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
xl2ockl3ottomx said:
let me guess, the irs is suppose to be the guy holding the hat. right? dam those bastards, they and the state of va take nearly a 1/4 of paycheck every two weeks.

we need taxes and government, but we dont need all the programs that help take money from people that bust their ass all day for barely anything and give it to someone who wont go get a job.

a former neighbor of mine is 27. shes on welfare now because she has 4 kids by 4 different guys. none of them pay her child support because they dont have jobs, they wont get a job and keep it. its a travesty that the us, tax payers, have to take car of that bitch, her four kids, and their worthless dads because she wouldnt keep her ****ing legs closed.

by the way: im not completely against welfare. if someone needs help finding a job, im all for helping them. but i cant stand worthless people, who are perfectly capaible of working, leeching off the rest of society.
I can think of a few better arguments
1) tax breaks/subsidies to oil compaines
2) wars in iraq and afgan
3) politicians getting paid to bs about steroids in sports
4)the mess of a judicial system
5)the prices the gov't pays for things because it aint "their" money
at the very end of that list MIGHT be a few people on welfare. Oh and btw you want to get people to work? Pay them more! Right now it pays ot be on welfare, minimum wage is rediculous you try supporting yourself on it. Happily our elected officials have denied several attempts to raise wages- although they had no beef giving themselves $1000's of extra dollars

LogiWorld123

Established Member
E. Green Cobra said:
I can think of a few better arguments
1) tax breaks/subsidies to oil compaines

What was it, 2.7 billion in tax credits for companies like Exxon which made 7 some odd billion PROFIT in 3 months?

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
you know your a gearhead when IRS stands for Independent Rear Suspention

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
fuelonempty said:
you know your a gearhead when IRS stands for Independent Rear Suspention

Yeah I thought he was totally talking about racing someone with an IRS in a SRA CObra.... :banana:

MD GT

Established Member
Hey hey come on now... the IRS is GOOD! How else is the Bush administration gonna make up for all that lost money from the big tax cuts?!

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
I say crate up a solid rear axle assembly and send it to them and say this should fix your problem... Hehehe

Rochard

Established Member
xl2ockl3ottomx said:

I'm not sure how much truth there is in this. I had a girlfriend who had a nine year old girl. The father didn't know he was a father until the child was eight years old. She collected welfare during these eight years - she needed to, she was single and had to care for her child and couldn't work (at least in the beginning).

Once the state identified the father they went after him in court. Not only did he get stuck paying child support, but also had to pay back the state for the eight years of support. He got screwed.

I think welfare should be a one year deal - you go on it once for one year, and that's it. And it should come out of money you paid into Social Security.

Users who are viewing this thread