Me and my lemon

Matt03

Established Member
I took my car in last week because of transmission problems for the 4th time. The fist time was the TOB, the second was the a knocking sound from the transmission area, the third was for a brand new clutch, and now a new clutch and transmission. I have had the rear resealed, the selt belt fixed, it had to be realigned, the fiest day I had the car I found out the cats were cloggged and the spark plugs were fouled, and I had to have the whole carpet replace because the gas pedal wore whole in the carpet. To top off my anger they sent a ford rep out to inspect the car last week and he said my transmission problems were due to abuse. Now I know I am not the only one who owns a 03 cobra and has had major transmission problems that were not due to abuse. This car has been a complete nightmire from day one. Sorry for venting I just couldn't at the dealership today. I can only hope my new car comes soon. If there is anyone who has had similar drivetrain problems please chime in.

Matt

MightyMo

Established Member
What specific reasons did the Ford geek give for accusing you of neglecting your transmission?

Did he show you evidence and explain his part of the deal ?

make him be accountable! its your money he's wasting..

Matt03

Established Member
Originally posted by Mustangscotty
What specific reasons did the Ford geek give for accusing you of neglecting your transmission?

Did he show you evidence and explain his part of the deal ?

make him be accountable! its your money he's wasting..

I wasn't there when he was but I didn't have to pay them to fix. Which is odd because if he claims it was abused then it wouldn't be covered under warrranty.

Matt03

Established Member
I am not sure what is going to come out of my case, but I think if they buy it back it will be another 03. I love the car but this particular one has been a total nightmare.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
The rep is stating it's abuse because he's beginning to make a case against a lemon lawed automobile.

If he can show a pattern of "abuse" by you on the car then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Lemon the car NOW. Save yourself more headache and aggravation...it sounds like you've had quite a bit already just with the tranny problems.

As my Godfather always said "Don't let your shirt tail touch you in the ass" until you get to the dealer to start the process...

JClifton

Uhh it's stock!
Established Member
Matt03: If your attempting to get the car bought back by FoMoCo... get ready for a LONG wait. Mine took about 6 months or so to finally get the keys out of my hands and the check in my pocket.

-- Jaret

02cobraguy

Established Member
When you say a knock in your tranny, do you mean every time you shift, you hear a clunk? I've got 850 miles on my cobra. At first it was really bad, but now it's only through the 1-2 shift. Only when the car is just started up. Is this something i should worry about?

(sorry, don't mean to thread jack.)

Users who are viewing this thread