Me 3...F-body 0

GT_Jim

Established Member
My last night of my midtour leave, I was bored so I went for a drive...So I'm on the main stretch of town and I go to pass this T/A, most of these in the area a 6 cyl's so I didn't think much of it. However when I went to pass, I heard his pipes...no 6 cyl. in that car. So I slow down and his passenger wants us to race, at first I said to heck with it (I already had 3 speeding tickets in the last 14 days) But the driver started talking shit, I just could'nt let this go...we were going about 40 mph, I grabbed 2nd and went for it...I heard him nail it but he fell back about 2 car lengths and never recovered, at 120 he gave up.haha When we get slowed down again I ask him what he's got, he says 00' LS1 w/ auto (non WS6) and I have 02' GT 5 speed

There are 2 others, but this for some reason is my favorite.

Last edited:

rk_2000_Z/28

LS1 to SVT
Established Member
baldNittos04 said:
you forgot the last line, and then i woke up from my dream and...
I'm waiting for a mod list before I call BS yet, but if it don't include sprayin' or blowin'........

skunk50

Established Member
'00 LS1s with an auto is like 280-290 rwhp stock. a used $50 lid and some cutting of the plastic under the lid is another 8-10 rwhp easy.

i can't remember for sure, but at 40mph my A4 LS1 will keep it in 3rd and won't go to 2nd....so it's like the worse speed for an A4 LS1 to roll race at.....unless i yank the shifter to 2nd....which i don't want to do cause in the heat of the moment, it might go all the way down to 1st.

so this story sounds right.....i had problems racing similar cars w/less power at similar speed before.

GT_Jim

Established Member
Well, my "mod list" at the time was....ummm, a little on the short side.

BBK cai
O/R H-pipe
40 series flowmasters

Also, when I raced him he lost 2 car lengths right off the bat. I did kinda wonder if maybe his trans went to 3rd instead of 2nd. Because after he lost the 2 lengths he didn't lose anymore, on the other hand he didn't reel me in either. He picked 40mph though, not me. When we got slowed down again, he ask me what I got and I tell him. He said he hadn't been beat by a 'stang before and he got pissed off and turned off onto a different road.

rk_2000_Z/28

LS1 to SVT
Established Member
GT_Jim said:
Well, my "mod list" at the time was....ummm, a little on the short side.

BBK cai
O/R H-pipe
40 series flowmasters

Also, when I raced him he lost 2 car lengths right off the bat. I did kinda wonder if maybe his trans went to 3rd instead of 2nd. Because after he lost the 2 lengths he didn't lose anymore, on the other hand he didn't reel me in either. He picked 40mph though, not me. When we got slowed down again, he ask me what I got and I tell him. He said he hadn't been beat by a 'stang before and he got pissed off and turned off onto a different road.

Hmmmmm....like skunk50 said, 40 is a very bad spot in an A4 LS1, but if he didn't want something like this happening he should have got a manual :p

Anything and everything happens on the street, chalk up a win for you. What were the other two F-bods you beat?

GT_Jim

Established Member
One of the other F-body's was a '95 LT-1. We were able to start from a stoplight. It was pretty close, I took him by 1 carlength to 100 mph. The other was a WS6 T/A, needless to say, I am glad I got my 4.10's and drag radials, as that was the only thing that saved my @$$! I took him, but it was clooooose. I got about half a car, maybe less on him. It was to close for me, thats for sure, now I got a Compucar nitrous kit waiting for install.:rockon:

GT_Jim

Established Member
Just as not to cause any confusion, but I know my limits. There are some wicked LS cars out there that I will not race. Why waste my gas and their's when we both know the outcome? I have a guy in my company with an modded Z/28, I'm not even in the same ballclub with him yet. One day soon though, thats for sure. BTW, what caddy has the LS motor in it? That car is too quick for what it is...dammit, I should not have to sweat a caddy for cryin' out loud. I'm just glad he didn't school me, that would have sucked.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
That's why I hate those damn 4L60s and 700R4s. You have to do a fair amount to get it to work the way it should have come out of the factory.

slow94gt

Slow for now
Established Member
Ummm... he must have been in overdrive bone stock in a 98 T/A in possible the worst roll ever with 2.72 gears to have lost to you. 01-02 A4 T/As dyno 310-315 hp. Youre probably barely making 270... But, im not going to bench race and just go ahead and say nice kill.

GT_Jim

Established Member
Car Engine:
C&L trueflow CAI w/85 mm MAS
Professional Products 75mm T-body
Professional Products upper plenum
Steeda underdrive pullies
Sniper tuning "special forces" software
Custom O/R H-pipe
40 series Flowmasters w/ dumps
UPR short throw shifter
Exedy Billet steel flywheel
eClutchmaster stage 2 clutch
UPR adj. clutch cable
UPR firewall clutch adjuster
UPR U/L control arms
Strange eng. 10 way adj. struts/shocks
4.10 gears
Mac rear axle support cover

my01ws6

Established Member
I find this VERY hard to believe I had a full bolt on GT with 4:10s and I would lose to most LS1s.

I now have a WS6 and raced my old GT before I traded it in and put a bus length on it.

I also just raced a supercharged saleen w/ 4.10s the other night and beat him by about 2-3 car lengths.

So you would have to be faster than my car which is about 325rwhp and faster than a supercharged saleen.

So im callin BS on the WS6

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
my01ws6 said:
I find this VERY hard to believe I had a full bolt on GT with 4:10s and I would lose to most LS1s.

I now have a WS6 and raced my old GT before I traded it in and put a bus length on it.

I also just raced a supercharged saleen w/ 4.10s the other night and beat him by about 2-3 car lengths.

So you would have to be faster than my car which is about 325rwhp and faster than a supercharged saleen.

So im callin BS on the WS6

He clearly stated in the original post that is was not a WS6.
Also, what bolt ons did you have on your GT to put down 325rwhp?

spike_africa

Established Member
i dont see whats so hard to belive my 02 GT back when all i had was nitto's,cai,h-pipe,mufflers beat an 01 WS6 with the A4 and a LID and a cut out.
I walked him from a dig 2 times, and beat him by 2 cars from a roll.

If you can drive it helps alot in races. And if you cant then you loose alot of time your car could be using to go faster. Good kill my freind.

JVENOM

Established Member
good kill, i've beat LS1's as well, i don't know why it is hard to believe, 1 being a camaro(auto) the other manual,a firehawk,an a 99 corvette (auto).
An I ain't Blown.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
GT_Jim said:
BTW, what caddy has the LS motor in it?
I think you're talking about a CTS-V, it has a 400hp LS6.

Nice kill I don't think it's BS. As was stated before 40 is a miserable roll for that auto, you're way in the bottom of 2nd and no downshift to 1st will happen at that speed. The cars probably would have been pretty close from a dig. He's got that Mustang running real good with those mods and gears so I can believe it. Hell I've even beaten a couple of F-bodys with my Silverado... so stranger sh#t has happened.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
skunk50 said:
'00 LS1s with an auto is like 280-290 rwhp stock. a used $50 lid and some cutting of the plastic under the lid is another 8-10 rwhp easy.

Bullshit, a non WS6 Auto LS1 will not put down 280 rwhp stock. That is less than a 12% loss, autos cause 18-20%, loss. And auto LS1 will be around 260 if it's a factory freak.

baldNittos04

Established Member
swoosh_stang said:
Bullshit, a non WS6 Auto LS1 will not put down 280 rwhp stock. That is less than a 12% loss, autos cause 18-20%, loss. And auto LS1 will be around 260 if it's a factory freak.

WS6 doesnt mean anything...its a TA with a big hood and different wheels.

LS1 Fbody A4's dyno 280-300whp..
www.ls1tech.com for any more questions :thumbsup:

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
baldNittos04 said:
WS6 doesnt mean anything...its a TA with a big hood and different wheels.

LS1 Fbody A4's dyno 280-300whp..
www.ls1tech.com for any more questions :thumbsup:

Heh, I did, and in this thread:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620350

the guys are say that with a SLP lid and Flowmaster cat back that an A4 should dyno 275-280.

I know that the flowmaster probably isn't helping but the lid from what I've seen is good for 10-15 rwhp, so that means that stock it would be making....hmmmm......260-270, wow.

Users who are viewing this thread