MCT Border Party?

bnmestrouse

COBRAd
Established Member
As a new member to the MCT I think there should be a Mid-September party at my house here in Temperance, MI. Quite frankly it's a heck of an offer and it would give the far southern members a break from the Metro Detroit area.
Also a good chance for the Metro Deetroiters to come and see the southern MI members and northern Ohio members in their home area.

Since I really don't anybody very well it will all be new to me, but what's the worst that can happen.
OK, probably something pretty bad, but it could be fun also.
I met a few of you at the dream cruise and that didn't scare me off yet.

Also, it's just a good reason to have a cookout. I don't do race events, to race anyway, so I don't see too many other members around those sites. If we get a decent turnout, or just a few come, it will be a good way for others that don't participate too much in the forums or club to just get out and have a good meal.

Also, since I can beat anybody at pool, we can go down in the basement and do that. We can play for pink slips!!!

For those of you that have kids I have a decent yard, a tire swing, and a sandbox, plus the school across the street has a great playground.

SEPTEMBER 17TH is the date. Noon to 4-5 pm is the time.
Not to hot, not to cold. Not too late, not too early.

Any takers? Need to know by September 1st and the number coming along.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Thanks for the gracious invite, I'll bring my 2 kids, maybe even the wife :uh oh:

Bring a dish to pass???

which car were you?

Put up some pics to help my poor memory. :thumbsup:

Blue03

Established Member
Would love to come to that but I will be out of town 1 weekend in Sept, guess which one.... :( Hopefully another time. Good time to everyone!

Jpjr

Established Member
Blue03 said:
Would love to come to that but I will be out of town 1 weekend in Sept, guess which one.... :( Hopefully another time. Good time to everyone!

September 17 is my birthday. Isn't that a national holiday anyway?
finger.gif

dougwg

Established Member
Brad,

You said your user name was gunna be "Menb" :dw: :poke:

:)

I changed it in the membership database to "bnmestrouse"

Thanks go out to you and your wife Linda for this gracious offer.
As far as I know... I will be there!

P.S. let everyone know what to bring and the members will get it done

Shall this be the 1st annual MCTCC family picnic?

bnmestrouse

COBRAd
Established Member
Thanks Dougwg, and all the rest. I don't know what to tell everyone to bring since I don't have a total headcount. If only a few show I then the need won't be all that great. If many do, then yes, everyone can bring something. Usually more than enough food.
I intend to have the usual cookout stuff. Burgers, Brats, and Hot Dogs.
Everyone else can bring a side dish or dessert, drinks, whatever your favorite item to make or bring.

As far as a yearly event. Could be. Parties are fun. We can see how it turns out for now but it sounds like the first annual MCT family picnic to me.
Possibly someone at the MCT world headquarters may be able to post this on the MCT website also if you feel it would reach a broader audience.

The school parking lot across the street from my house can hold many vehicles. My house can hold approx. 35 to 50 folks assuming the weather holds. Many good friends will be better friends if weather is bad and we crowd in house and garage.

We will cross that bridge when it and if we have to. Once scheduled, it won't be cancelled so we'll have to make it work. I don't get too hung up on the time schedule of the cookout so if anyone can come, eat, and then have to leave early it's not that big of a deal either.
Believe me this will be rather relaxed and everyone will have to do some self introduction depending on how many show up. Being bashful won't get it done most likely. Talk about cars, talk about sports, discuss politics as long as it's away from me, or anything else. No agendas here. I don't know enough about either of those topics anyway.
Just goofin and havin fun is the order of this cookout.

I can post directions to my house on this thread, or if you have a better way let me know and I will get them to the proper MCT authority.

I appreciate the members already commited to showing up and if more are able that will be great.

To JPiR: If it's your birthday it can be your unofficial party also.

To Posban: Black with the yellow lettering/stripes.

Note: stopped in to see JP this afternoon but he was up getting his car from (billetflo?)
but his dad said he is taking it pretty well and looking forward to having his car back from repairs.

AFJuggalo81

Driver Mod in progress...
Established Member
I'll be there for sure and I'll also let all the Toledo guys know about it. I know Grisson And Vector prolly won't have a problem in making it. But John Valentine and Bimini I'll drop a line to them

Put me down for Pop and Chips.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Brad, you sure know how to join the club with a bang!

this is an awesome opportunity for the members and their families to get together for a relaxing Saturday

I won't be able to make it, however...

bnmestrouse

COBRAd
Established Member
Hey JB. Too bad you can't be there. Quite a wimp out!! I may start out with a bang but I fizzle out early, otherwise the party would not start at noon and end around 4 or 5 pm.
Just trying to help out.

So far so good and attendance is growing. Watched a few Cobra racers (some were MCT) at Milan last night. Fast cars. (03GoBlueCobra?) was tearing it up.
Since I don't race it's hard to tell how much faster my car would have been, but that will remain a mystery.
I'm sure with my quick as a cat reflexes and driving skill I could pull down a high 15 sec. time!!

Glad to see the good response to the party and trust all goes well. Keep the attendance figures rising. Should be good for getting to know everyone somewhat better.
Just don't make yourselves at home, cuz I don't know how you are at home.
Toilet does need to be flushed!!
I don't have a chandelier to swing from so that should be safe.

As soon as it looks like all that will attend have listed (or by September 1st) I will put up a list of people attending on this thread along with directions to my house. Easy to find and if you get to Toledo going south you just went a half mile too far. Coming from Toledo or heading north, if you go past Smith Road you just went too far.

seanwr400

Established Member
Me and the family should be able to pop our heads in for a bit. I have to work till 2 so we can't make it till about 3. We will bring something for desert it that works? See you all then.

bnmestrouse

COBRAd
Established Member
t-bone: Sounds good. Thanks. Kids ages?

mjzininski and kingcobra: Good to hear from you. Just let me know for headcount reasons.

seanwr400: We will still be here so if you can come, even just to pop in and say hi, that will be fine. No pressure here to stay a long time. If you want to bring something like that that's fine also.
Just a headcount like the rest. Kids ages?

Anything anyone is thinking of bringing just post it up here.

Thanks for the response.

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
is there going to be a mix of alcohol and careless use of fireworks?

Users who are viewing this thread