McLeod RXT users, what adjustable pivot ball?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been searching for about an hour and cannot find a for sure answer as to what pivot ball many are using. Please if your using this clutch tell us what one your using!:beer:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
i think i purchased the mcleod, but the lakewood should do the same thing

Thanks for the help, I did see lakewood makes a couple different sizes. May just go the mcleod route.

serper3

Established Member
i got the mcleod but its too long so i had to cut it. the mcleod piece has a notch at the end of it so that it could be adjusted if you have a transmission that does not have a blind hole for the pivot ball. the t56 though obviously does have a blind hole so this pivot ball must be cut down.
btw in determining how much shorted the pivot ball must be.. i found an article that says about 4-5mm from what i remember. when i tried this with my rxt, way to much preload on the pressure plate. i ended up going with 9mm and it was perfect, but some also get away with using the stock pivot ball? so probably best bet is just assume you will have to check the position of the clutch fork, and then drop the tranny again lol

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
so probably best bet is just assume you will have to check the position of the clutch fork, and then drop the tranny again lol
Correct. With the TOB touching the pressure plate, the clutch arm should be towards the back of the car relative to the opening. At the very least, at the halfway point or closer to the back of the opening. Unfortunately, this can only be determined after the transmission/bellhousing are bolted to the engine. If the clutch arm is too far forward, it has to be unbolted from the engine and readjusted.

Termilvr

Established Member
i dropped mine around 4mm and it was plenty to make the clutch work properly but it grabs way to high on the pedal so iam going 1/4 shorter than stock and i should be good.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hmm interesting, maybe I'll have to contact the shop that will be doing the job before I go any further.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
I used the stock pivot ball and it seemed to work out fine... THe clutch arm is making only enough contact with to keep things from rattling when engaged, then when the clutch is disengaged there is still room left in the clutch arm "opening" ..

I actually didn't adjust anything differently from where it was with a center force DFX. THe clutch engages a little higher toward the top than I would like, but it is for sure fully engaged with the pedal at the top.

I looked things over second guessing myself as I read everyones drama about pivot balls but then decided that It is afterall a clutch, not a biochemical weapon and if it looked like its working right I believe it must be lol.

Last edited:

Termilvr

Established Member
the height of the pivot ball is also determined by the flywheel, my fidanza seems a little thicker than stock

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok I too plan on going with a fidanza flywheel.

QuickTime GT: what flywheel are you using?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I have the Fidanza aluminum also and am looking into the RXT. Looks like I will need the shorter pivot ball as well?

cobracide

Established Member
Mcleod RST with a Mcleod quardrant and Mcleod flywheel. The pivot ball had to go up in my case because the clutch was not releasing fully when pressed to the floor.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I ended up ordering the mcleod pivot ball, my shop will have to adjust accordingly.

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
I was told by McLeod that this was not necessary. But I believe that it is. Can someone show some pictures of their set up.

Svt_Ajames

I have a Mcleoud Flywheel , Mcleoud Throwout bearing and mcleoud RST twin disk clutch. I installed everything and the shifting is perfect and goes into gear. Clutch starts to slip and it's grabbing at the very last min. Car is even making a weird noise down there like the clutch isn't engaged fully of some sort .I installed Mcleoud firewall adjuster and pedal quadrant. Didn't fix the problem at all. I have adjustable pivot ball bolt. Not sure in my case if I should raise the bolt or lower the bolt. I'm really confused and would like some help if possible. Note , everything is brand new.

b_dike

Established Member
Usually it needs to be lowered. Mine is lowered all the way down so that the clutch fork doesn't hit the bellhousing. An issue that's created by the extra thickness of a twin disc...

Users who are viewing this thread